Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #76
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Just my 2 cents: I like the way it used to be, with all links in one place. I don't mind someone getting a tiny benefit from doing that extra work for me! A simple disclaimer wouldn't hurt though.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #77
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
I don't get it.

And I mean any of it. Affiliate links, bargains, first to post a bargain... no idea what it means. I don't know, maybe it's because it's nearly 2 a.m. here and I have to be up in five hours to get ready for work.

But hey, it seems a lot of people are waiting for the dissenters to show up, and it's not happening. So, in the interest of public service, I shall pretend to be one. Here goes...

You guys are all wrong! This affiliate BS stinks! All these scammers and cons posting about so-called deals when all they're interested in is making money. That's crap, man. So many times, I've clicked on a link and bought a book, and didn't even know the dude got money! Because of me! What the hell?! This is wrong. Sick and wrong. I'm glad the Mods changed the rule. Let these cowards show themselves for what they are! Affiliates - kiss my ass! Take 4% of this post! lolrotflLMAO

(How'd I do?)
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
I don't get it.

And I mean any of it. Affiliate links, bargains, first to post a bargain... no idea what it means. I don't know, maybe it's because it's nearly 2 a.m. here and I have to be up in five hours to get ready for work.

But hey, it seems a lot of people are waiting for the dissenters to show up, and it's not happening. So, in the interest of public service, I shall pretend to be one. Here goes...

You guys are all wrong! This affiliate BS stinks! All these scammers and cons posting about so-called deals when all they're interested in is making money. That's crap, man. So many times, I've clicked on a link and bought a book, and didn't even know the dude got money! Because of me! What the hell?! This is wrong. Sick and wrong. I'm glad the Mods changed the rule. Let these cowards show themselves for what they are! Affiliates - kiss my ass! Take 4% of this post! lolrotflLMAO

(How'd I do?)
You sounded just like a republican congressman.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #79
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
(How'd I do?)
That was brilliant.

ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #80
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Just my 2 cents: I like the way it used to be, with all links in one place. I don't mind someone getting a tiny benefit from doing that extra work for me! A simple disclaimer wouldn't hurt though.
Me too. I'm a bit late to this because I've been traveling and not online much, but I really don't like the idea of having to poke through multiple affiliate threads to see what's new.

I knew that most of the "big-time" posters of deals would get some cut - although I didn't know how much until now. That doesn't bother me, though - it's a heck of a lot of work and I appreciate having someone(s) looking some deals/freebies out for me.

My vote (if I get one) is definitely to go back the way it was, maybe with a disclaimer, which shouldn't be too hard to add...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #81
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You sounded just like a republican congressman.
There's really no need to start calling names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
That was brilliant.

A good samaritan's job is never done...
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #82
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Thanks to the whiners for muddling up very simple threads which were one of the most valuable things about this forum.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #83
smg927
Enthusiast
smg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Jetbook
I also like the way it used to be. If I saw a Kindle freebie, I would check back later and usually there would be an addition with the B&N link.
smg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:49 PM   #84
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
oh, I didn't know that they benefited from even the free books. Strange.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #85
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Well, as a "regular" on this forum I thought the posters who posted affiliate links were helpful and it certainly was easier to find them with a title/device thread than paging through article after article in a long thread. I don't have any issue with affiliate links from posters who IMO add value by posting free book links.

Of course, I suppose you can't make a rule that a post has to be worth reading
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #86
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by smg927 View Post
I also like the way it used to be. If I saw a Kindle freebie, I would check back later and usually there would be an addition with the B&N link.
Well, I am continuing to post the free books I find (with clean links) out in the main deals forum, so that part of the forum's still the same. B&N links will still be added by those who own nooks.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:46 AM   #87
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
oh, I didn't know that they benefited from even the free books. Strange.
You don't, if the person buys nothing else (common for some people, esp. those outside the US).

Amazon does set a cookie (if you don't have them turned off) to track your affiliate session. It lasts 24 hours OR until you place an order OR you leave the site (close your browser) OR you click another affiliate tag.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:35 AM   #88
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i'll try to remember to click through one of your affiliate links first, then the free books. that way, if i buy anything at amazon that day, you'll get credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadata View Post
Well, I am continuing to post the free books I find (with clean links) out in the main deals forum, so that part of the forum's still the same. B&N links will still be added by those who own nooks.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:11 AM   #89
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Maybe the people who didn't like the links don't feel comfortable speaking up? Maybe an anonymous poll is the answer?
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:17 AM   #90
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Maybe the people who didn't like the links don't feel comfortable speaking up? Maybe an anonymous poll is the answer?
The silence on the detractor front and the silence on the "further explanation" front has become quite deafening, hasn't it?
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote