Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #61
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
Well, the problem is they are not just text, but graphic of the chess board too...
Awak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #62
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmm... from what I can see

it thinks the 1st page is the "cover".

and "the rest" is the content...? obviously there is no "the rest" perhaps that is the problem...

perhaps Personal Message POP , he has done a lot of that lately...

(try GOTO... "Cover" and you will see what I mean)

its' the same on a k3 and a k4.. testing on DX next...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_059.png
Views:	268
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	102096  

Last edited by twobob; 02-27-2013 at 07:33 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #63
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Should the cover appear in the Cover View only? But not inside the document??

Just a little bit off topic: How do you make the graphic on the Cover Title for the KUAL?
Old 02-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #64
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awak View Post
Should the cover appear in the Cover View only? But not inside the document??

Just a little bit off topic: How do you make the graphic on the Cover Title for the KUAL?
a) I actually have never made a "book" before

b) https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/kindlela...ties?at=master

AND

https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/kindlela....xml?at=master

Line 49

Last edited by twobob; 02-27-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #65
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Thanks a lot!

I will see if it can be put inside the game's "How to Play" page and the problem may be gone too...

Don't know how to do it yet... and more !!
Advert
Old 02-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #66
twobob

no probs mate
Old 03-01-2013, 03:53 AM   #67
congcd4
congcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle Touch
Some Ideas about your software

Hi Awak!
Can you add new game for your software, it's New game between PERSON & PERSON.
Thanks you very much!!!
congcd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #68
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
After two nights (without much sleeping), I have finally put up a document in one page about the rules used in Chinese Chess game. Please see the attachment, just copy it to your kindle and read it.

Yes, I will increase the font size if possible, but need to be in one page...

However, I have found some strange behavior of the document, it is suppose to be one page - But from what I can see in Kindle, it appears as several pages. If you can go to the end of the document and then back to the first page, then you will see it appears as one page (which is what I want).

Does anyone know what is going on? My document is first edited in MS Word, then save as PDF format and then convert it to azw3 by Calibre.

Thanks for the help!
Unsurprisingly, Word to PDF to azw3 is not the ideal path to create your book. I unpacked your document and looking at the pseudo-source, it is built to do exactly what you describe : a series of paragraphs containing images that will get displayed in succeeding pages on the Kindle and the cover is truly that one single bigger composite image.

You could achieve far better control by coding the html yourself (it is easy to include images too) and by using Kindlegen to generate the book. More involving, but not that hard. you are welcome to use these sources as a start.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #69
twobob

CH₃CH₂OH = Alcohol?

C₁₀H₁₄N₂ = Errmm... Cigarettes?

HEH!!!

I get it... Booze + Fags mash you up : D

funny!... (you can tell I am not quite awake yet huh)...

Thanks for the links on the book thingies. Much appreciated : )
Old 03-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #70
PoP
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
CH₃CH₂OH = Alcohol?

C₁₀H₁₄N₂ = Errmm... Cigarettes?

HEH!!!

I get it... Booze + Fags mash you up : D

funny!... (you can tell I am not quite awake yet huh)...

Thanks for the links on the book thingies. Much appreciated : )
Close but no cigar : Ethylic alcohol and Nicotine But drink & smoke is fine too.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #71
PoP

And also, to really digress and stay off topic, I also thought of puzzling the reader with:

C₆H₂(NO₂)₃CH₃ + 蠟 = 💣
Spoiler:
TNT + candle = bomb
Thank you google!

SCNR. Back on track now.

[EDIT] Wait, look at the thread title... so not completely off topic after all

Last edited by PoP; 03-01-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #72
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by congcd4 View Post
Hi Awak!
Can you add new game for your software, it's New game between PERSON & PERSON.
I am open minded and welcome any suggestions...

But don't quite understanding the "PERSON & PERSON" means?

I presume you have another friend sitting next to you in a car/bus/train/boat/airplane and then you don't have a chess board at hand but a Kindle in the pocket.

Now the problem is how does the Kindle know who is who to play each turn?

I guess it just need to trust the players themselves...Or you want to play the game for both sides at the same time???

It is not a bad idea after all - In fact, you can enable the computer's chess engine at any stage to play that turn and then disable the computer's chess engine again at any time - Just to learn how to play the game I guess??
Old 03-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #73
congcd4
congcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic somethingcongcd4 has a certain pleonastic something

Quote:
In fact, you can enable the computer's chess engine at any stage to play that turn and then disable the computer's chess engine again at any time - Just to learn how to play the game I guess??
That's right!!! (sorry! I'm Vietnamese (so vanhoavn was) and my English is not good)
Can you add this!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #74
congcd4

May be like this:
Start the game, user shall be asked to select game mode: Player1: Human; Player2: Human
With this basic function, I and my friend can play this game together, furthermore, I can use this software to learn chess, arrangement pieces as showed on the chess book.
(I think You should add pieces moving at the bottom of screening)
Thanks for your answer!
looking forward.....
Old 03-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #75
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by congcd4 View Post
May be like this:
Start the game, user shall be asked to select game mode: Player1: Human; Player2: Human
With this basic function, I and my friend can play this game together
This will be done first.

Quote:
furthermore, I can use this software to learn chess, arrangement pieces as showed on the chess book.
Chess Editor is not an easy job (I don't see any available at this moment), it will be done much later!

Wait for the good news....It may take some time...