Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #16
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I read a couple of Kate's chapters, and decided I wanted to wait and read the whole book... It's good!

I would upload finished material to smashwords, where people can read a percentage of the story for free, and then either download it or buy it...

I think many people would read the start of what you're doing, but they will not keep on commenting on it, unless you write really badly...
LOL, lene, and thank you.

Got set back a few weeks when I broke my arm, but hope to be back on track soon.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:27 AM   #17
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
LOL, lene, and thank you.

Got set back a few weeks when I broke my arm, but hope to be back on track soon.
I've tried to find recent posts about your book... How's it going?
Old 06-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #18
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:43 PM   #19
oldguey
oldguey began at the beginning.

Device: PC reader
Whenever there is a question as to style, refer to the Chicago Style Book, either hardcopy (expensive) or on-line. (free trial, but subscription is affordable) This is the general form used in publishing.

Sean
Old 06-11-2010, 06:26 PM   #20
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
It's depressing, blogging in isolation. You start out imagining you're talking to the world, but after a few weeks you become painfully aware of the hollow echoes as your words hit the screen.
Fiction blogging can be really hard work, I agree Do you keep an eye on feed subscription numbers? It cheered me up to know that I might not be getting any comments, but a few people were at least trying to make time to read.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #21
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Blogging fiction is hard work, and it does not attract the number of subscribers that others kinds of blogs do. (For one thing, with a regular blog, people can miss an entry and still be confident of understanding newer entries. With fiction, they feel that if they've missed one, they're permanently behind, even if they can take up where they left off.)

Still, I'm blogging serials myself, although I only start with fiction I've finished and polished. And at the moment, I'm posting a novel I've already published - Wife of Freedom. Although I may serialize some novellas pre-pub later on.

I figure, even if you don't get much traffic, it's one more place people can happen upon your work. It also makes you much more aware of how important every paragraph is, because you never know if someone might come in the middle and skim - and decide whether to click on the first chapter link or not.

http://daringadventurestories.blogspot.com/

Camille
Old 06-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #22
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I've tried to find recent posts about your book... How's it going?
I'm working on polishing what I've written right now, and crafting a satisfactory ending. I hope to have the whole thing done and published by the end of August.

I'll let everyone here know when the ebook is ready to download.

Thanks for checking in - I don't come to MR as often as I used to, but knowing that people here are interested is a nice boost.

I'm already planning my next book, a novel based on the life of my great-great grandfather, who had quite an interesting life.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #23
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
I'm working on polishing what I've written right now, and crafting a satisfactory ending. I hope to have the whole thing done and published by the end of August.

I'll let everyone here know when the ebook is ready to download.

Thanks for checking in - I don't come to MR as often as I used to, but knowing that people here are interested is a nice boost.

I'm already planning my next book, a novel based on the life of my great-great grandfather, who had quite an interesting life.
Thanks for letting us know what is happening, Kate.

The next book sounds like it will be interesting for you to write as you learn about family history.
Closed Thread