Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 08:34 PM   #1
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre 0.6 betas now available

The much anticipated calibre 0.6 betas are now available from http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/downloads/betas/

For some of the new features see: http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/new_in_6

Note that these betas really are betas, they have received only the most minimal of testing, especially on non-linux platforms. So before downloading them, back up your existing calibre library folder. You have been warned. Also you can't use the same library folder with both 0.5 and 0.6 as 0.6 makes some changes to the database schema that are not backwards compatible.

The MOBI output code in calibre has been modified to support indexing, so the beta may generate MOBI files that some devices refuse to open. If so, I'd like to know about it.

This release introduced over 300 new translatable strings, so the translations are not up to date as yet.

Once again a big thank you to all the people that have contributed to calibre, especially user_none, who is responsible for a fair fraction of that new features list and llasram, who wrote the framework that forms the core of the new conversion sub system in calibre.

As always, if you have comments, I'd love to hear them. For bug reports please open tickets at http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/newticket

Enjoy!

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 07-21-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
cartman
Connoisseur
cartman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505 (Blue)
Thanks for the new beta! i am now backing up my library, and will surely report any bugs i encounter.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:05 AM   #3
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
First comment (may be a bug).
Calibre recognizes Sony 700, shows internal memory correctly. I also have an SD card, Calibre shows "Card A, 978MB available", this is the correct memory size. But when I click on card, it doesn't show anything. When I want to send a book, I have options to main memory and to card B. Card A option is grayed out. I sen a book to card B, it did go to SD card correctly. Something seems wrong about cards A and B.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:11 AM   #4
Colaveare
Colaveare began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
(deleting error message post)

edit: just read your last line in post Kov...
Now don't I feel stupid.

Opening tickets there.

And besides that I just wanted to say thanks for Calibre.
This new versions is great a pretty much does everything I ever wanted it to do...
Except cooking my meals and ironing my shirts.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Colaveare; 06-07-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:51 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
First comment (may be a bug).
Calibre recognizes Sony 700, shows internal memory correctly. I also have an SD card, Calibre shows "Card A, 978MB available", this is the correct memory size. But when I click on card, it doesn't show anything. When I want to send a book, I have options to main memory and to card B. Card A option is grayed out. I sen a book to card B, it did go to SD card correctly. Something seems wrong about cards A and B.
Definitely a bug, will be fixed in the next beta.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:56 AM   #6
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Author sort

I just installed the beta and then added two books from MobileRead: "Charlie Chan Omnibus" and "The Time Axis", in that order. Both are epub. Now, I don't know if the previous version of Calibre would have done this, but look at the attached screenshot. No matter what I do, the author sort isn't correct. Things always seemed to sort correctly before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre.png
Views:	773
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	30407  
Old 06-07-2009, 01:57 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colaveare View Post
Except cooking my meals and ironing my shirts.

Thanks again!
Definitely on my TODO list
Old 06-07-2009, 01:58 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
I just installed the beta and then added two books from MobileRead: "Charlie Chan Omnibus" and "The Time Axis", in that order. Both are epub. Now, I don't know if the previous version of Calibre would have done this, but look at the attached screenshot. No matter what I do, the author sort isn't correct. Things always seemed to sort correctly before.
The screen shot is showing sort on title. You mean the title sort isn't correct?
Old 06-07-2009, 01:59 AM   #9
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I meant Title sort and typed Author. It must be late.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:02 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
Yes, I meant Title sort and typed Author. It must be late.
Ah yes, I can duplicate it. Wil be fixed in the next beta.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:07 AM   #11
jgray
Fanatic

Another one

I just clicked on "Preferences" and I get the attached error. I haven't closed the program since posting the last screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Error 1.PNG
Views:	714
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	30408  
Old 06-07-2009, 02:49 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yeah that one was reported by Colaveare
Old 06-07-2009, 03:36 AM   #13
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If when I convert a book and have the option to remove the first image set and there is not an image present, then I get an error saying

Code:
AttributeError: 'Jacket' pbject has not attribute 'remove_first_image'
Although this error is stuctly speaking correct on the book in question, I am sure this used to be ignored in the 0.5.x series?
Old 06-07-2009, 03:41 AM   #14
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Is there a way in the current 0.6b1 release to tell it to use a particular format as the input to the conversion if there is more than one possible format present?
Old 06-07-2009, 06:31 AM   #15
QubyB
Trick Kiter
QubyB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks Kovid. Testing right now. Additions and improvements look very promising.

Unfortunately v6 does not communicate with my PRS-505 so I reinstalled v5.
I created a ticket.
Closed Thread