Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 02:03 AM   #1
online.person
online.person began at the beginning.

Device: none
0.7.15 - New Kool Feature - Copy Books to other library - Dil Mange More

I was very excited to see new cool feature Copy books to another library in 0.7.15. Though I could not try this yet as unable to download installer properly but it will be very useful.

But as you say Dil Mange More (Heart ask for more...)

Kovid - May be alongwith copy books to other library, you may want to add Move feature. How I am planning to use this is when I get new book I keep it on my laptop library and once read or if I do not plan to use it in near future then move to my external HD library. Same way I upload all PDF to my central library and then move books to Books library and Research Papers/ Flyers etc in another one and keep Magazines separately.

Great going pals...
online.person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just press the delete key after copying. I don't want to clutter up the menu with too many entries for a feature that isn't that widely used.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
I used Remove Books to delete the books after copying them to the other library. I wasn't sure if just using the delete key would leave any artifacts in the metadata file or not. Apparently I'm paranoid.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
copy book, new features