Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 08-05-2009, 03:07 AM   #1
janusandersen
janusandersen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Activating a reader with more than one Adobe ID

I haven't been able to find the answer to this anywhere - I hope somebody here knows or is able to point me in the right direction:
If several people use the same e-reader, would it be possible for each of them to activate it with their own Adobe ID?

The e-reader in question is a Sony PRS-505.
janusandersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:58 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Not sure. I don't really know how adept works. Just get rid of drm, no more headache.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2009, 07:31 AM   #3
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusandersen View Post
I haven't been able to find the answer to this anywhere - I hope somebody here knows or is able to point me in the right direction:
If several people use the same e-reader, would it be possible for each of them to activate it with their own Adobe ID?

The e-reader in question is a Sony PRS-505.
I don't think you can have moe than one active adobe ID on your reader. You would have to deactivate one and then reactivate the reader with the other. This might cause problems eventually due to the limited number of devices you can activate on an account.

An alternative would be to share an account.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #4
janusandersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
I don't think you can have moe than one active adobe ID on your reader. You would have to deactivate one and then reactivate the reader with the other. This might cause problems eventually due to the limited number of devices you can activate on an account.

An alternative would be to share an account.
Problem is - the reader is owned by a library that wants to let people borrow it. That would work best if they could also use it for the e-books that we've bought access to (which are DRM'ed).
Creating a library Adobe ID and letting people use that would probably just create a whole bunch of new problems. Damn DRM.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:01 AM   #5
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Problem is - the reader is owned by a library that wants to let people borrow it. That would work best if they could also use it for the e-books that we've bought access to (which are DRM'ed).
Creating a library Adobe ID and letting people use that would probably just create a whole bunch of new problems. Damn DRM.
Is the reader able to read mobi DRM format, and are the books also available in MOBI Format?

Is so, then the one device should be able to be listed on multiple accounts.

Once again DRM raises its ugly head.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 09:22 AM   #6
janusandersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Is the reader able to read mobi DRM format, and are the books also available in MOBI Format?

Is so, then the one device should be able to be listed on multiple accounts.

Once again DRM raises its ugly head.
Nope - the books are all in PDF format, and you need an ADOBE ID
Old 08-07-2009, 07:39 AM   #7
janusandersen

Quote:
Nope - the books are all in PDF format, and you need an ADOBE ID
Or rather: A DAMN ID.