Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
Woodstonian
Connoisseur
Woodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
What sequence are Annotations in?

This may have been asked before, but I couldn't find it. I'm using a Glo @ 2.3.1, but the question likely pertains to all Kobos. Is there any rhyme or reason to the sequence in which Annotations are displayed? It doesn't appear to be by date or location in the book or type (bookmark, note etc.).

While I'm on the subject of Annotations ... why does the current Chapter appear just above the list on the first Annotations page? I see no use for it.
Woodstonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstonian View Post
This may have been asked before, but I couldn't find it. I'm using a Glo @ 2.3.1, but the question likely pertains to all Kobos. Is there any rhyme or reason to the sequence in which Annotations are displayed? It doesn't appear to be by date or location in the book or type (bookmark, note etc.).
It has been discussed before and nobody has come up with an answer. I have looked at the data stored for annotations and I can't think of a way to sort them like they have. And especially because the sorting changes when you delete one.
Quote:
While I'm on the subject of Annotations ... why does the current Chapter appear just above the list on the first Annotations page? I see no use for it.
The position for an annotation is stored relative to a chapter in the TOC. So when you create an annotation, it should appear in the annotation list in sections headed by the chapter the annotation is in. But, 2.3.1 has a bug in it where it doesn't keep track of the current chapter correctly. When you create an annotation, it is stored relative to the last chapter you selected. Or the first if you haven't selected one.

If you want to see what I mean, try this:

- Use the TOC to go to chapter 1
- Create an annotation.
- Page forward to chapter 2.
- Create an annotation
- If you view the list, both annotations will be under chapter 1
- Open the TOC. Chapter 1 will still have a tick against it. Select chapter 2.
- Create an annotation.
- Go backwards one page to the last in chapter 1
- Create an annotation
- Open the annotation list. There will be a heading for chapter 1 with the first two annotations and a heading for chapter 2 with the second two.

It is an annoying bug but it doesn't really affect things. But, hopefully Kobo will fix it in the next release.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert