Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
Gary King
Gary King began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4
Question Is there a limit to how many emails I can send to my @kindle.com account, per hour?

It seems as though there might be a limit to my @kindle.com account in terms of how many emails I can send to it. I'm currently testing Instapaper to send articles to my Kindle, and the first few times I sent something there were no problems. But after two or so articles that I sent within a five minute span, future articles too significantly longer to arrive, with the next three taking 15 minutes or so, and then a few more after that taking at least two hours.

Is the @kindle.com just something clogged up at this particular time, or is there really a limit to how many emails you can send at a time before it becomes really slow? Would it be better t use Instapaper to send daily digests, once a day?
Gary King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
Todd Young
Addict
Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I've noticed this happening before when I've sent a few at a time. I just resend them.
Todd Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Can't say I've ever seen that. But I don't use instapaper—I use SendToKindle (Chrome plugin) and plain old email. Is it possible that it is instapaper that is the bottleneck?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Can't say I've ever seen that. But I don't use instapaper—I use SendToKindle (Chrome plugin) and plain old email. Is it possible that it is instapaper that is the bottleneck?
Same.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I sent 26 at one time through Calibre. It took awhile, but they all showed up.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #6
geoffwood
Addict
geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT+K4T+PRST1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I sent 26 at one time through Calibre. It took awhile, but they all showed up.
If you use Gmail to send from Calibre it waits 5 minutes between sending each book in order to avoid triggering Google's Spam blocking system.
geoffwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking
Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4
How odd? I was just about to ask this too.

I sent a pdf from Calibre to my kindle and it arrived almost instantly. I noticed there was something missing so I amended and resent, 30 minutes later it still has not arrived.

I will send again, the other day I sent 8 pdfs at once and it took nearly an hour for it too arrive.

I thought it may be Amazon not wanting to get charged a fortune for numerous mail outs etc.
Villordsutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #8
Gary King
Gary King began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4
I've been using Instapaper's "Send to Kindle" for the past hour or two now, sending about one article every ten minutes (to test how it converts different types of articles). It appears as though once it hits 5 pm - 6 pm (EST), then things really slow down, and the "Send to Kindle" takes 15 minutes or more, sometimes as I said earlier, two hours, when it took about 5 minutes during "off-peak hours".
Gary King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #9
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking
Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4
Flip all emails are getting to kindle now via Calibre hmmmm it worked fine earlier this afternoon.
Villordsutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #10
girlinstatic
girlinstatic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I find it very hit and miss. Most times they come through within a few minutes, sometimes not at all... but i've even had an email come through a day later before! Quite annoying if you send quite a few, it's hard to keep track of what need resending.
girlinstatic is offline   Reply With Quote