Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
Chikwako
Reader EZ
Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: √NC, √NST, Sero Pro
Screen does not totally refresh when passing pages

I don't know what I did to my PB360, byt I left it in my car (with its cover on) and it was very cold outside.

When I turned it on again, the top right (portrait view) area of the screen had a frozen part of another page, like a "leftover", which looks like a page had been torned from a pad, but part of the page had remained on the pad.

I think that if I reset the device or flash the firmware again will probably fix this, but How did it get there? Anybody had this problem before? Is what I think of doing the correct procedure for this? How do we avoid this from happening (is it because of the cold?)
Chikwako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
I, too, had that problem after I forgot and left my PB360 in my car (in western NY ... in the winter!) for a couple of hours. I had that same ghosting affect when I turned it on. I did wait for a bit in an effort to warm it up, but still got the ghosting.

However, after some page turns refreshed the page, it's just fine. I can only assume the PB360s do not like being cold (I'd be willing to bet there's an operating temperature range).

So, here's hoping yours will refresh its way back to being fine, just like mine did.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
Chikwako
Reader EZ
Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I don't have it with me, but this was last night, and this mornig when I left for work it still looked like I describe it. It had been at least 8 hours.

I will report the status when I get home tonight.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
Chikwako
Reader EZ

Still the same

Came home, the screen was the same. Pushed the reset button, reset it but the screen was the same, same problem.

Tried to flash it with the latest software but it never read it, it hasn't shown the «Firmware update» and subsequent «Press center key to start update». I don't think I'm doing anything wrong.

Any Pocketbook representatives out there that might shine a light to this?
Old 02-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #5
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This doesn't sound as if my experience is the same as yours. I had a ghosting problem that disappeared after I did some page turns. It sou ds as if yours is not responding at all.

To be honest, it sounds as if your screen controller is broke or your actual screen is broke. Can you post pictures? Then we can see what you are describing...

Marilyn
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #6
Chikwako
Reader EZ

I was finally able to flash it again, but the screen remains the same.

I have many things to do, won't have time to post pictures, but I eventually will.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #7
Chikwako
Reader EZ

Well, turns out the mirror in my screen cracked. And since that is not covered by the warranty, I'm left with my you-know-what in the wind, unless I send the device to have the screen replaced for $125.00. Of course a new PB 360 costs 129.00 plus $11.00 shipping, but that is entirely besides the point.

I tried to upload 2 pictures, they did seem to have uploaded but didn't show

Last edited by Chikwako; 02-19-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:20 PM   #8
Chikwako
Reader EZ

Trying to upload photo again...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3067.JPG
Views:	286
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	66993   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3065.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	66994  
Old 02-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #9
Mickey330
Addict

Sorry, but yeah, that looks like a broken screen to me. They are so thin and delicate...

Again, sorry.

Marilyn
Old 02-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #10
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikwako View Post
Well, turns out the mirror in my screen cracked. And since that is not covered by the warranty, I'm left with my you-know-what in the wind, unless I send the device to have the screen replaced for $125.00. Of course a new PB 360 costs 129.00 plus $11.00 shipping, but that is entirely besides the point.
Bad luck, but it looks like you are right
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote