Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 07:32 AM   #1
maxsys
maxsys began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Merging duplicate entries with different formats and slightly different metadata?

Hi All,

first post here so please be gentle with me. Am using Calibre with a K3, i have several thousand books, mostly in MOBI format, but about 1000 of them in EPUB format as well, now the issue appears to be that in some cases the EPUB and MOBI may be the same book, but not listed to0gether, maybe because the title is slightly diferent, the author is a slightly different format, and i guess but not checked the ISBN number is different, how can i view these files to determein which duplicates to keep and which ones to bin.

Thanks
maxsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsys View Post
Hi All,

first post here so please be gentle with me. Am using Calibre with a K3, i have several thousand books, mostly in MOBI format, but about 1000 of them in EPUB format as well, now the issue appears to be that in some cases the EPUB and MOBI may be the same book, but not listed to0gether, maybe because the title is slightly diferent, the author is a slightly different format, and i guess but not checked the ISBN number is different, how can i view these files to determein which duplicates to keep and which ones to bin.

Thanks
There is work going on about merging (but Merge would still need some action that may require a 'Merge' to trigger).
In the mean time : eyeball Mk. I
click the Title column header to sort Title names, Now click Author(s). The sequence of steps bias's the Author sort by Title
(I suggest that you have the "book details" pane open.)
Scroll or Page-down through the list until the Eyball catches something that looks like a 'dupe', check BOTH for formats and data in the book details pane and decide which to bin or Merge INTO.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 04:19 AM   #3
maxsys
maxsys began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi theducks,

thanks for the response, will give it a go.
maxsys is offline   Reply With Quote