Replace it with a 7" Voyage 45 41.28%
Leave it gone 10 9.17%
Don't care 18 16.51%
What is a Kindle Voyage? 4 3.67%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2018, 06:26 PM   #1
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Kindle Voyage replacement poll

If Amazon quits making Kindle Voyages, what should happen?
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:35 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I voted for a 7'' Voyage. After I've used my Oasis 2 for almost a year, all 6'' screens feel too cramped. I only use my readers at home, so portability isn't terribly important to me, but I'm afraid a 9-10'' Voyage would be too heavy.

While I like my Voyage, I wouldn't really despair if Amazon discontinues it altogether. I like my Oasis just as much.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2018, 12:28 AM   #3
azayn
Groupie
azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nova 3, Galaxy S22+, iPad
A 7" Voyage would be too similar to the Oasis. The cost will be closer to an Oasis once you factor in the larger screen.

I'd say keep the 6" screen but merge it with the Paperwhite.
azayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:20 PM   #4
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by azayn View Post
A 7" Voyage would be too similar to the Oasis. The cost will be closer to an Oasis once you factor in the larger screen.

I hear this a lot, but I'm not sure I agree. Amazon produced a Voyage and an Oasis at the same time when they both used 6" displays. Why not do the same thing with 7" displays? Heck, why not transition the entire line to 7" and use the same sorts of design differences to justify the price tiers?
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:14 PM   #5
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:

I love the Voyage, but I also agree this would be the best option, merging with a Paperwhite.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2018, 08:22 PM   #6
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I loved my voyage and would be perfect as a 7"
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:16 AM   #7
TheDreamer
TheDreamer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle: Touch, Touch/3G, 8th Gen, Oasis
Why stop at 7...I'd like to see a ... 10.5"... Though not sure I'd actually buy it, was kind of a let down when I got my Voyage, didn't live up to the hype, but a bigger screen would be a step in the right direction for me.

Or do they make microscope attachments for any e-readers...

Lately, my goto e-reader is the Aura One..., the Max for PDFs, and then the Voyage. I got my Voyage with 3G (my first gen Paperwhite also has 3G, while later ones were WiFi only...though I seem to have lost my WiFi only ones... though, its killing me that I lost my Kindle DX Graphite...along with a bluetooth typewriter style mechanical keyboard, that I set down somewhere and then forgot...there was also a convertible chromebook, which I hadn't used much as it was my first and, so far, USB-C device. The smaller version from the series that I got as replacement has a more typical charger and ports...)

The Dreamer
TheDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:57 PM   #8
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:

Voyage came out Before the PW3 so seems they are Merged. Guessing the PW3 sells better than Voyage. OR Oasis IS the New Voyage
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 02:33 PM   #9
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I'd like a 7" kindle that's cheaper than the oasis.
Barty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 02:40 PM   #10
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
I love th 7 inch screen on the oasis, but hate the square design. I’d love a 7 voyage!
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 02:41 PM   #11
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Keep the 6" Voyage and make a 7" one also. The Voyage has the best screen of all the e-readers. For me it is perfect as is, but I'm sure some updates could be added to make it more popular. Of course the PW3 sells better than the Voyage because it is half the price, but after reading on the Voyage I couldn't go back to the PW3.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 04:24 PM   #12
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PW3 IS Cheaper cause it does Not have physical page turns and all the other bells & whistles
Old 08-28-2018, 09:18 PM   #13
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
I adore my Voyage! I don't know whether I want a 7" Voyage, but nothing wrong with having a choice.
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:08 AM   #14
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4katz View Post
I adore my Voyage! I don't know whether I want a 7" Voyage, but nothing wrong with having a choice.
The choice is what most likely killed off the Voyage. When Amazon put the 300ppi screen in the PW. Now all of a sudden the extras (light sensor, buttons, flush screen) didn't look worth the money anymore when compared to the PW that got the screen update for free. What needs an update is the PW itself. The problem is disparity between PW and Voyage in price. The better the PW becomes while keeping its price equal, the more the Voyage is looking overpriced. If you ask me, the biggest difference is the flush screen that makes the Voyage and Oasis so high in price. Kobo doesn't do flush screens on current models -- I would almost bet it is to save money and not a design choice.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:11 PM   #15
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

The PW just had an update as in Choice of More storage. I think bit faster processor speed.

Tags
voyage