Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-10-2010, 07:27 AM   #376
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
I've uninstalled the screen saver hack and the font hack in preparation for selling my K2i when I get the K3. The dead authors are back, as is the original font, which I am happy to live with for a month. However, the Version still says Kindle 2.5.2 (490480060) + SS 0.4.

I have applied the NiLuJe jailbreak uninstall as it says in another thread that this jailbreak should work on the Clarknova jailbreak install - but unfortunately I still have the version details above.

Any ideas?

suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #377
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You probably were using clarknova's SS hack at some point, use his uninstaller too: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...04&postcount=2 .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 03:46 PM   #378
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

There is no install for the jailbreak, only for the SS - which I have already done. I'll try the SS uninstall again though and let you know.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #379
suecsi
Rock Chick

Tried the SS uninstaller and Restarted - but the SS 0.4 version is still there
Old 08-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #380
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep, I was talking about the SS hack, not the jailbreak .

I'm betting the ss uninstall update failed with a U007 error, since you removed your jailbreak, that explains why your ss tag's still there.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-11-2010 at 03:55 AM.
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #381
suecsi
Rock Chick

NiLuJe - if it helps, attached is a screen shot of the settings page.

I definitely used all K2i files, but I have no 'i' after the SS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-30833.gif
Views:	366
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	56474  
Old 08-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #382
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Try this. If I didn't mess anything up, it should remove any extra tag without mangling line-endings and thus the md5 checksum of the file (which would be bad).

(Please attach the prettyversion_cleanup.log file that'll end up in the root of your Kindle afterwards, just to make sure everything's ok )

It *should* at least cleanup the version tag, thus making official updates succeed. However, if the original hack didn't use the same naming scheme as clarknova's, you may end up whith a few *extra* files laying around in the system. (It shouldn't cause any problem, but it's not ideal).

So, it'd be great if you could still find the original hack you used in order to properly remove all traces of it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kindle-2.5-tagremove-0.N.zip (20.4 KB, 276 views)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-10-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #383
suecsi
Rock Chick

The original jailbreak hack was clarknova's (though there is no uninstall) and the Font and ScreenSaver ones were the links at the top of this thread.

Unfortunately this last one did not work to remove the SS 0.4 tag I'm afraid. I did a restart in between.

I didn't have the pretty version log file - I went manually into the Kindle root but no joy.

Off to bed now - I will have another try tomorrow unless your genius-ness comes up with anything else!

Thank you so much.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #384
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Err, that's weird. You should have a logfile, no matter what happened. Keep in mind that you have to have a jailbreak installed in order to run these uninstallers, or they'll fail with a U007 error.

And you must have been using another ss hack at some point, because these ones *never* added anything to the version tag... .
Old 08-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #385
msgeek
msgeek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Will the screensaver hack work on Kindle DX Graphite 2.5.5?

Bonjour NiLuJe, I just got my Kindle DX Graphite running version 2.5.5 from Amazon today.

I really would love to use your screensaver hack on it to have nice photos instead of these default pictures, but I would like to make sure that your screensaver hack works with version 2.5.5 of the Kindle software.

I also guess I am running the international version as I ordered from Canada, but I am not sure as this is all new to me (My serial number starts with B009).

Thanks

msgeek
msgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #386
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yep, it does. Just use the *_dxg_* bin files .
Old 08-11-2010, 12:29 AM   #387
msgeek
msgeek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Great! One more question and I should be on my way.
Do I need to install the jailbreak hack before installing this or can I install only this screensaver hack?

Thanks again

msgeek
msgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:08 AM   #388
NiLuJe
BLAM!

If you've never installed any hacks on your device, you'll need the jailbreak first, yes.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:58 AM   #389
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
NiLuJe .. can you contact clarknova to explain how to remove SS 0.4 tag from Kindle version ?
I use clarknova screensaver hack because it is more easier, I saw yours is more complicated than his one, but everyone has view, I like simple.

And what about his Jailbreak ? .. I installed it before, then I installed yours.
is there a conflict or a difference between them ?
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:11 AM   #390
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@meem: There's no issues with clarknova's latest ss hack. It uninstalls properly *if* it's indeed clarknova's hack you installed in the first place.

Both our jailbreak are more or less indentical, so no issues there either.

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet