Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
bugjd
bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, paperwhite, iPhone 4s, iPad
Footnotes

Is there an easy way to get back to the original page after linking to a footnote? So far, the only thing i can seem to do is either type in the page number i was on, or bookmark it and then use about 4 "clicks" to get back to it. I can't seem to just return to the page I was on.

Wondering if there is some trick, or if it's just not possible. I'm new to this.

Thanks.
bugjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
Tim G
Tim G began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
Just came accross my first footnotes 2 weeks ago. As far as I remember, when you're looking at a footnote, the screen is highlighted on the word "return". So it should be as simple as hitting the same button you used to get to the footnote again.
Tim G is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Use the history back . to go back to the page you were at before you went to view the endnote.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #4
bugjd
bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bugjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, paperwhite, iPhone 4s, iPad
Thanks for the answers. But sadly I don't have any kind of "return" text, and pressing the center button again gives me a invalid operation symbol. And if I use the "Return" button, it goes back to the main book page with the different options. And from there "Continue Reading" takes me back to the footnote.

Maybe they're handled differently with different book types???
bugjd is offline   Reply With Quote