Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
XPath Expression Wizard Error

When I try to use the Wizard to help create a regular expression to remove headers/footers I get the following error:

Code:
ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>WindowsError</b>:[Error 6] The handle is invalid

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\regex_builder.py", line 117, in builder
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\regex_builder.py", line 59, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\regex_builder.py", line 86, in select_format
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\regex_builder.py", line 90, in open_book
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator.py", line 175, in __enter__
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 208, in __call__
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\pdf\input.py", line 50, in convert
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\pdf\pdftohtml.py", line 49, in pdftohtml
  File "subprocess.py", line 614, in __init__
  File "subprocess.py", line 735, in _get_handles
  File "subprocess.py", line 761, in _make_inheritable
WindowsError: [Error 6] The handle is invalid
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
When I try to use the Wizard to help create a regular expression to remove headers/footers I get the following error:

Code:
ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>WindowsError</b>:[Error 6] The handle is invalid

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\regex_builder.py", line 117, in builder
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\regex_builder.py", line 59, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\regex_builder.py", line 86, in select_format
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\regex_builder.py", line 90, in open_book
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator.py", line 175, in __enter__
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 208, in __call__
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\pdf\input.py", line 50, in convert
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\pdf\pdftohtml.py", line 49, in pdftohtml
  File "subprocess.py", line 614, in __init__
  File "subprocess.py", line 735, in _get_handles
  File "subprocess.py", line 761, in _make_inheritable
WindowsError: [Error 6] The handle is invalid
It would have if you also gave the expression you were trying to use.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #3
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's the thing. I don't know how to write an expression so I was hoping that the wizard would help create one.

I have a PDF I created a while back from a Lit file using the ABC Lit converter. I lost the lit file when my old PC was formatted.

The header is "Generated by ABC Amber LIT Converter, http://www.processtext.com/abclit.html"
And the footer is "Page x"

I'm using Calibre v0.6.30
Old 12-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Will be fixed in next release
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
Crusader
Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Will be fixed in next release
Great. Thanks!
Advert