Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
Starhawk
Enthusiast
Starhawk began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2; Amazon 1 (returned in ancticipation of 2)
K2's 5-way: navigate bookmarks?

Hey,

So I'm still kinda alternatively reading/skimming/skipping through Kindle 2 User's Guide and actually reading a book (on the K2), but here's something I'm looking for but haven't found...and apparently doesn't work the way I feel it should...

...so you're reading a book. Clicking the 5-way controller left and right will jump you to the beginning of the current chapter (or the previous chapter if you're already at a chapter beginning) and the next chapter's beginning, respectively.

What if you have bookmarks in there? I'd really prefer for the left right to go to the next bookmark or chapter...basically the next mark in the progress bar at the bottom of the page...

If the 5-way's not the way to do it, is there another way to jump back and forth serially between your bookmarks, directly from place-in-book to place-in-book? I'm thinking that it'd be nice not to have to go out of the context of the book, like to the list of My Notes/Marks of the book, scroll through that list, then go back into the book via a listed item there...

I'll keep looking, but I thought I'd check to see if someone out there knows the answer; if the answer's "no, there's no way to do that", then I can stop looking...

:-)
Thanks!
Starhawk is offline   Reply With Quote