Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-26-2008, 07:20 AM   #1
Lanyon
Lanyon doesn't litterLanyon doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
cannot upload books with Calibre (Mac)

Hi all,

I received a Sony PRS this Christmas, and in preparation for its arrival, I have download some books and converted to LRF using Calibre (great programme by the way).

I quickly attached the PRS to the Mac and uploaded a book - no problem. I then highlightrd about 10 books and tried to upload those. The programme said it was doing a "job", but the books did not transfer over. I then tried to transfer the books singly, no joy.

I resorted to to bootong th Mac into Windows XP and loading the Sony software, and could drag the books in from that programme.

I really want to use Calibre exclusively, however, I dont know how to overcome this problem.

Am I am doing something wrong? I have updated Calibre to the latest version.

Another minor matter, some book titles have appeared in Caps, when the title was in in lower case (with a Cap for each starting word) - trivial, I know, but its the pedant in me.

Thanks in advance....

Jim
Lanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanyon View Post
I quickly attached the PRS to the Mac and uploaded a book - no problem. I then highlightrd about 10 books and tried to upload those. The programme said it was doing a "job", but the books did not transfer over. I then tried to transfer the books singly, no joy.
I've never heard of this problem. Did you convert all the books to .LRF or .ePUB before you used the "send to device" feature? If not, it could be that calibre was converting them before sending them to the device. I'm not sure if it does this though because I never tried to 'send to device' a book which I didn't already convert to .LRF.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #3
Lanyon
Lanyon doesn't litterLanyon doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
Bob,

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

I checked all the books I had converted and found some I had missed.

one was a zip file, some others wern't recognised as valid formats. I can only assume that while doing batches, I had missed some or they hadn't converted correctly.

Anyway, once I had sorted that out, all was OK.

Thanks for the reply...

Jim
Lanyon is offline   Reply With Quote