Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 07-08-2009, 04:09 PM   #31
bozon42
Enthusiast
bozon42 began at the beginning.

Device: Lbook V3
The same with rotation - as option 6.
1st with Zoom1, 2nd with Zoom2, ...etc.

bozon42
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010949x.jpg
Views:	894
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	31872   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010950x.jpg
Views:	923
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	31873   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010951x.jpg
Views:	875
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	31874   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010952x.jpg
Views:	865
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	31875   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010953x.jpg
Views:	864
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	31876  
bozon42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #32
bozon42
Enthusiast

And as reported in the forums, there is some problem with tables.

see examples.
bozon42
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010960x.jpg
Views:	907
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	31877   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010961x.jpg
Views:	866
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	31878   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010962x.jpg
Views:	887
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	31879  
Advert
Old 07-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #33
mtnmedic
Enthusiast
mtnmedic has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad 64GB WiFi + 3G, Astak EZ Reader
I'm interested in trying some different firmwares but I need to know if there is some way I can preserve a copy of the original (or most up-to-date) version of the one that's in my reader now so that I can go back to it if I choose to. Any help would be appreciated.
mtnmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #34
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmedic View Post
I'm interested in trying some different firmwares but I need to know if there is some way I can preserve a copy of the original (or most up-to-date) version of the one that's in my reader now so that I can go back to it if I choose to. Any help would be appreciated.
If you have the V3UPDATE.BIN file that is used to load the firmware into your device then you can save that. I have never seen or heard of a reverse loader that would unload and copy the firmware that is actually on your device.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:35 PM   #35
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
The following is official firmware site for HANLIN V3 Clone

HANLIN: http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...ice/update.asp
LBOOK: http://www.lbook.com.ua/en/downloads/firmwarev3
PIXELAR: http://www.mye-reader.co.uk/updates.php
BEBOOK: http://mybebook.com/a11/downloads/article_info.html
EZREADER: http://www.mobiebook.com/fw.asp

NOTE - EZREADER web is re-designed, the latest firmware is "EZ-Reader-update-Astak-2.02-20090120.RAR"
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2009, 09:48 AM   #36
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
What a mess! I just tried the Webster dictionary in epub format with the latest beta Lbook firmware which offers ADE but dropped mobi support.
The epub version is much less convenient: no virtual keyboard! Impossible to find a word conveniently!
Several other mobi dictionaries and Wikipedia are now unusable or very inconvenient to use.
That is a major regression!
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #37
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good news: a beta tester of the next BeBook firmware says that mobi support (obviously non-DRM) is included along with ADE! Hopefully we will see the same in the next Lbook firmware!
Old 07-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #38
Lbooker
Addict

Real good news now!
I am testing a firmware that supports both ADE and mobi. It works fine.
Download: ftp://lbook:v3@195.149.108.143/Levch...2-20090624.rar
Old 07-21-2009, 03:02 AM   #39
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
I assume the Mobipocket support is for DRM-free Mobi only, via FBReader?
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:37 AM   #40
Lbooker
Addict

Yes. There is no MobiPocket PID.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:57 AM   #41
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Tested the new beta and LOVE the new PDF reflow .. Though as a note.. the menu in the PDF viewer contains no menu items other then 1,2,3... when the languague is set to Dutch.. Haven't tried setting to English yet.
mvoosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:06 AM   #42
piderman
piderman began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
Real good news now!
Can anyone please confirm if this includes support for commercial DRM'ed ePubs, before I go buy a memory card to flash my BeBook? :P
piderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:23 AM   #43
bozon42
Enthusiast

Quote:
Real good news now!
Hello Lbooker,

can you upload it to rapidshare?
I can not access the link above.
Thanks and regards,

bozon42
Old 07-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #44
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I seem to be having one issue with the lbook beta and that is that it is not updating the last page read when I am reading epub books.

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #45
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Yes. There is no MobiPocket PID.
Correct, it does not report a Mobipocket PID in Settings --> About.

However...

I successfully opened several DRM'ed Mobi files.
The Mobi parser version isn't reported but it appears to be the same as the current full release.

As to the ADE, it is a much better PDF reader; or at least as good as PDF can get given the inherent limitations of pretend paper. Lots of ophan paragraphs in the "reflow" modes. Graphics render nice. Opens google pdfs which didn't open with the previous firmware or OI.

The epub renders are great *if* you like very small font sizes (I do) or lots of Very big sizes (which would be useful for my mother). Not so much if you like 9-12 point sizes as it looks like it jumps from 8 to 14 or 16...

Only five sizes and the last two are *really* big.

I suspect the DRM'ed Mobi capability is likely to vanish from the final release firmware. Unless They intend to try to slide it through...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote