Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #1
robinoz
robinoz doesn't litterrobinoz doesn't litter

Device: SONY E BOOK
Spanish books

Hi

I read Spanish and have converted a few classics from Gutenberg using Calibre. They are not very good yet (ie the formatting could be a bit better and the indexing etc) and need some more work but I wondered if there was interest in Spanish books to upload?
robinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #2
da1andonlysupa
da1andonlysupa began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
yup. i would like to see some stuff in spanish.
da1andonlysupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2008, 11:34 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I have uploaded some books in Spanish in PDF format (9x12cm screen size), look in the "Other Books" forum.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
a little suggestion, when uploading books in other languages, add a tag specifying the language to make it easier to find. for instance, for french language books, i add tags for "français" and "french language" ; for spanish language books you could add "espanol" and "spanish language". since you can search by tag, this makes it easier to find all books in spanish.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:54 PM   #5
Sara-Louise
Polyglot
Sara-Louise began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Smile

I am trying to learn Spanish on my own, and especially want to find Spanish language books to upload to my Kindle. The only format it will support is non-DRM (unprotected) Mobipocket (either .MOBI or .PRC). If I knew how, I'd download PDFs and convert them, but I'm no computer whiz, so I have to leave that to others.

I do hope that the tag "espanol" (sorry about the lack of tilde) will be used increasingly to help people locate books in Spanish.
Sara-Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2008, 03:32 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
PG has lots of books in Spanish. Why not convert some of those for your Kindle? Dead easy to do with "MobiPocket Creator".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:06 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara-Louise View Post
I do hope that the tag "espanol" (sorry about the lack of tilde) will be used increasingly to help people locate books in Spanish.
I've uploaded some Spanish books (in PDF, though), and I used the tag "spanish".
Old 09-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I've uploaded some Spanish books (in PDF, though), and I used the tag "spanish".
That's absolutely correct; we ask people to tag non-English books with the ENGLISH name of the language.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's absolutely correct; we ask people to tag non-English books with the ENGLISH name of the language.
that's partially correct ; i think it's best to tag the non-english language books with the english name of the language AND the name of the language in that language (for instance, "french" and "français").

a little tip to make this easier : the first person to use a specific tag creates an entry in the tag database (or whatever manages the tags) ; after that, typing in the first few letters of the tag will give you a little blue box with suggestions of possible matches, immediately under the tag entry box, and you can then click on the right tag to select it.

i recommend using tags which already exist whenever possible ; it makes searching easier, brings back more pertinent results, and it also makes tagging easier (not to worry if you don't have the "tilde" character on your keyboard : once that tag has been created you won't have to type it yourself, just click on it in the list of suggestions).
Old 09-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

update : i've created the tag "español" (with tilde) and added it to the 10 or so books i found already tagged "spanish".

now, if you type "esp" in the tag edit box, the "español" tag is automatically proposed, and you can just click it.

i do think it's important to add tags in both languages for non-english language books ; english speakers wanting a book in french might naturally search for "french" ; but a french person looking for a book in french would more naturally search for "français" and if the books are only tagged "french" might find nothing. this would be a shame.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #11
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Fair point, I've added "français" and "italiano" to the French and Italian books I've uploaded.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

grazie jellby !!