Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-22-2008, 02:21 PM   #1
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Bezos letter to investors touts Kindle

A couple days ago Jeff Bezos released a letter to investors that was completely devoted to touting the Kindle. The letter can be found here

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...145/dex991.htm

One nice thing about the letter is that Bezos said it is their vision to have EVERY book, no matter what language it was written in, available for the Kindle. However, I was disapointed in the letter because it gave no indication of hard numbers in regards to how many Kindles or ebooks have actually been sold.

Amazon's quarter (maybe their fiscal year as well) ends April 30th. They are also having their yearly shareholders meeting May 31st. Maybe we will hear some actual numbers on one of these dates.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #2
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Well, you don't always give numbers to shareholders in letters of this sort... you just make sure they see how well you're doing. It's no surprise that there isn't a lot of hard data in there... but lots of points that indicate Amazon has been following its master plan, and it's working like gangbusters for them.

I think at this point that the only things that would possibly improve Kindle sales would be more attractive readers, and a chance to see them up-close before buying. On the other hand, I think what I've seen of the appearance of the Kindle is exactly why we don't get a chance to see them up-close before buying...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Amazon is releasing Q1 results today

Amazon is releasing their Q1 results today in a live webcast. It starts at 5:00 pm EST on Apr 23rd if anyone is interested.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....ventID=1698820

I hope they release some hard numbers in regards to the number of Kindles sold or ebooks sold, but I'm not holding my breath.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote