Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your choice.
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen 7 9.59%
Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton 5 6.85%
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole 5 6.85%
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John le Carré 13 17.81%
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin 10 13.70%
Black Rain by Masuji Ibuse 11 15.07%
Storm Front by Jim Butcher 7 9.59%
Hyperion by Dan Simmons 8 10.96%
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov 7 9.59%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #76
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Black Rain. Call your relatives and get them to sign up as members and vote for Black Rain.
Or could I have four extra votes, please?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #77
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'll see if I can work out a secret deal.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2011, 10:11 AM   #78
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Black Rain. If you've already voted, call your relatives and get them to sign up as members and vote for Black Rain.
Lol. I'll get my two year old to sign up. No I wouldn't do that. He probably wouldn't discuss it unless we're okay with "dis car gaxy dis train."

Wow, only two books have fewer books than Storm Front. I would have put money on that being the winner this month.

Last edited by HomeInMyShoes; 12-23-2011 at 10:13 AM.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #79
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Storm Front is on my TBR list, but Black Rain looks really interesting.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #80
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Black Rain. If you've already voted, call your relatives and get them to sign up as members and vote for Black Rain.
Way to go Jon .. Umm, sorry. Tom... I've already voted for it and I'll see if I can get my roommates to sign on.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #81
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
We only need a few more votes, maybe even just one, to make sure that A Game Of Thrones is in the final vote! It would be nice to read about an interesting fantasy land during January.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #82
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
We only need a few more votes, maybe even just one, to make sure that A Game Of Thrones is in the final vote! It would be nice to read about an interesting fantasy land during January.
It would be, unfortunately, one wasn't nominated.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #83
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^Lol.

Only 22 hours and a bit left for voting. Screw the holiday shopping everyone, starting getting people to vote!
Old 12-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #84
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^Lol.

Only 22 hours and a bit left for voting. Screw the holiday shopping everyone, starting getting people to vote!
More like a little less than 10 hours. I'm on pins and needles! No Game of Thrones or or Storm Front.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #85
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Whoops. Must be a math challenged day. I'll take "blame it on the eggnog for $400 Alex".
Old 12-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #86
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
The funny thing about Storm Front is that I really wouldn't have minded reading it if it had ever won. It wouldn't ever have been my first choice but the club is all about trying things one wouldn't normally try. But the way it was repeatedly nominated over and over turned me away from it. I swear, I won't ever hear about bad weather moving in again without thinking of the book club!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #87
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

I'm guessing no more than three or four more votes to come prior to the poll closing. Looks like it's a battle for the second place run-off spot.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #88
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I really like that we'll have two-tier voting this month. That means my early, uninspired vote won't be wasted after all! I'll get another chance to influence the result. Me like!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #89
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
A bit of cold war for a cold january surely!
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #90
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
It took a 3 hour round trip and 2 used book stores, but I found a copy of The Spy Who Came in from the Cold, as well as a few other finds and future b-day gifts for my little ones. No luck on Black Rain, however - that will have to come from Amazon, should it win.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book club, january 2011, vote