Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #61
Dompie
Connoisseur
Dompie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura & Kobo Libra
Sorry removed, I wrote this one in Dutch.

Last edited by Dompie; 09-27-2012 at 04:35 AM.
Dompie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #62
Dompie
Connoisseur

I believe BOL has changed there site, without telling Pr.BarnArt.
When you search for a book, often it is found but there are no Descriptions. When you search by hand at BOL the information is available. Example: "Wytske Versteeg" with title: "De Wezenloze".
In the old situation a ISBN search gave almost always result but now many times no result???

Sometimes when you refire you search a minute later, Bingo the complete result.

Are there other peoples having these troubles with this plugin??

Edit: I removed my other two metadata downloads (ISBN and Google, I always used them too) and now it looks BOL is working again, weird?

Last edited by Dompie; 09-27-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Advert
Old 09-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #63
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dompie View Post
I believe BOL has changed there site, without telling Pr.BarnArt.
When you search for a book, often it is found but there are no Descriptions. When you search by hand at BOL the information is available. Example: "Wytske Versteeg" with title: "De Wezenloze".
In the old situation a ISBN search gave almost always result but now many times no result???

Sometimes when you refire you search a minute later, Bingo the complete result.
Dompie, you are right. After your first post about this I already took a quick look, and it seems that the way webpages are served to users differs from time to time. I am working at a solution. Testing takes more time because of this. I dont know if it is temporary.
And yes, you were right. They (again) did not inform me, BLAME THEM.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 09-29-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #64
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK,

Because of the DIRTY website-change of BOL. I made a quick and dirty update of the plugin.
Version 1.8.0. See the start-page of this topic.

Bol seems to serve different xml-pages for the same object in a random way.
That makes it more complex for the plugin to analyze and find the (right) info.

I think the plugin will do again where it is intend for: finding metadata at bol.com
Please let me know if you experience problems

Otherwise: ENJOY

Thanks Dompie for reporting the website change

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 09-29-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #65
Dompie
Connoisseur

Thanks,
I think it is working again.

Perhaps is the intention of the change of the BOL site to make it very difficult for your plugin. If so, be honored
Advert
Old 10-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #66
Dompie
Connoisseur

They have done it again. Changing the website Resume/Description-field!
See:Louise Doughty - Voor altijd verloren isbn:9789047201731 as an example
The plugin gives No Samenvatting but on the Bol_NL site the info is there.

Pr.BarnArt would you give it a try again to fix it?
Old 10-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #67
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Made a new fix, they keep me busy!!

Version 1.8.1 is available at the start of this topic
@Dompie Thanks for notifying

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 10-18-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:33 AM   #68
Dompie
Connoisseur

Thanks, it works as designed again.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #69
onZo
onZo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PSR-T1
Thanks for this plug-in.

The first time I tried with you're plug-in worked perfectly, after that it was like the plug-in didn't work again. The metadata is available at Bol, but I don't recieve anything... I tried 5-6 different eBooks.

calibre, version 0.9.3
FOUT: Geen zoekresultaten gevonden: <p>Geen boeken gevonden voor de zoekopdracht. Probeer de zoekopdracht <b>minder specifiek</b> te maken. Gebruik bijvoorbeeld alleen de achternaam van de auteur of één enkel sleutelwoord uit de titel. Om alle meldingen te zien klikt u op ‘Details tonen’.

****************************** BOL_NL ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/6.0.472.63 Safari/534.3')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from BOL_NL took 0.553999900818
Querying: http://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekr...equestid=17572
Failed to parse BOL.com page for query: u'http://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/Sterfkou+Lincoln+Child/Ntk/nl_books_all/Nty/1/N/8299+8293/Ne/8299+8293/search/true/searchType/qck/index.html?_requestid=17572'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.__init__", line 180, in identify
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'datafile.xml'

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 1.23 seconds
The longest time (1.020000) was taken by: Amazon.com
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the xisbn service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds

Hope you can help!
onZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #70
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by onZo View Post
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.__init__", line 180, in identify
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'datafile.xml'

Hope you can help!

@onZo,

You are right, I left a piece of debug code in this version.
This part likes to write the output to a file on your desktop, which isnot allowed by your system. (It happens when the isbn-number is not know or not found).

I will publish an update with a clean version!
version 1.8.2 Done!

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 10-21-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:32 AM   #71
onZo
onZo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PSR-T1
Thanx, it works again!
onZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #72
Tijntje
Tijntje began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Thanks for this great plugin.
Could you remove the series completely if it is nit working. Right now even if for instance goodread now the series it is not added because the BOL plugin sets it to None.
Tijntje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #73
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

@Tijntje

I am not sure if I understand you right,
but, in the present version of the plugin, series and serie-index are set to none.
I presume that if I don't set anything, nothing will happen to the series-info.
But I don't know what the effect is to the goodread info p.e..
In the next release I will give it a try.

In the next release I will also add a list of the booktitles that were rejected, if there is no exact match found. In that case you can select a title, that didnot match exactly, but is the right one.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:19 AM   #74
Tijntje
Tijntje began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr.BarnArt View Post
@Tijntje

I am not sure if I understand you right,
but, in the present version of the plugin, series and serie-index are set to none.
I presume that if I don't set anything, nothing will happen to the series-info.
But I don't know what the effect is to the goodread info p.e..
In the next release I will give it a try.

In the next release I will also add a list of the booktitles that were rejected, if there is no exact match found. In that case you can select a title, that didnot match exactly, but is the right one.
Hi,
At this moment when I get metadata with BOL_NL and Goodreads enabled. Even if Goodread retrieves the series info it is not added to the book. When I disable the BOL_NL plugin it works.
Tijntje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:29 AM   #75
Dompie
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr.BarnArt View Post
@Tijntje

.........In the next release I will also add a list of the booktitles that were rejected, if there is no exact match found. In that case you can select a title, that didnot match exactly, but is the right one.

YUMMIE