Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-21-2010, 07:18 PM   #16
VenturingSoul
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcubed2 View Post
Thanks! I do double click on purpose, but Dolphin still sometimes changes when all I'm trying to do is scroll. But it's easy to fix, now. I do wish there were page up and page down buttons, though.

I concur STRONGLY!!!! I can't count how many times I have accidentally clicked a link on a page just by scrolling. I use a usb keyboard most of the time, and so far have not been able to find any key for page up or page down. Sure would like to have those.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:51 PM   #17
dcubed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenturingSoul View Post

I concur STRONGLY!!!! I can't count how many times I have accidentally clicked a link on a page just by scrolling. I use a usb keyboard most of the time, and so far have not been able to find any key for page up or page down. Sure would like to have those.
I did not reakize that the usb keyboards don't have page up and down buttons. I wonder if any have them, and if they work with the eDGe. If so, the buttons would make the keyboard much higher in my want list . Or, a scroll button would work, too.

Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 09:55 PM   #18
VenturingSoul
Edge User

I wasn't very clear on that...my keyboard DOES have the Page up and Page down keys, they just don't work with Android.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:38 PM   #19
dcubed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenturingSoul View Post
I wasn't very clear on that...my keyboard DOES have the Page up and Page down keys, they just don't work with Android.
Oh. Major, major bummer. I wonder if enTourage would be able to program this in or would it need to be Google? Maybe, if Google is putting out a tablet pc, then they'll add that to Android.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:06 AM   #20
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Try the trackball

The trackball will let you move up and down without accidental clicks.

Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #21
VenturingSoul
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
The trackball will let you move up and down without accidental clicks.
Yeah, I know.....but that is:
1. Slow. Much slower than a page down key.
2. Uncomfortable (for me). I almost always have my edge in landscape mode when browsing (or using docs2go) and have a keyboard plugged in. Hands on the keyboard, it is not natural - and takes a lot of effort (don't laugh, I'm lazy) - to reach up and use the trackball. Just doesn't seem like it should be necessary to do that.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #22
VenturingSoul
Edge User

BTW, cheyennedonna, I've been meaning to tell you that I appreciate all the links you post to android apps and other things that are helpful to other people. You are a real asset to these forums!

Old 04-22-2010, 03:35 PM   #23
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Thanks, tech is my hobby, and I enjoy sharing.