Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
bob5146
Enthusiast
bob5146 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Download

Hi Everyone, Iam not computer litrate and I just purchased a KOBO reader, I am havin g bib problems dounloading a book, I have got the book in ADE, Where do I go from there , in laymans tearms,?
Thanks anne perth west aussie
bob5146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:15 AM   #2
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kobo
Not sure if it is the same as Canada (I mostly use the Kobo desktop app) but I think if you plug in your reader and then open ADE you will see on the left hand column in the ADE "Kobo" and on the right hand column a list of your books.

You drag the title you want over to the "Kobo". When you unplug the book loads into the kobo
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #3
bob5146
Enthusiast

Hi Thanks for the reply, done exactly as you said, but i still dont think it is in the Kobo, still the 100 free ones I should have 101 now , is that right?When I drag the title over and release the mouse I get :this title already exists do you want to:skip, duplicate or remove< I clicked remove then dropped it again.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:46 AM   #4
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
I don't have a Kobo, so I'm doing what I hope is educated guesswork. I've been read on this site that the free 100 books are only remove with some difficulty, especially for novices. I think that means they are stored in a different way and a different place on your Kobo. I would suggest disconnecting your Kobo from your computer, following the (Kobo) manufacturer's instructions, and having a look at the content on you reader.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:20 AM   #5
bob5146
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply, but sounds TOO conplicated to me , only a novice at this
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 02:43 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Bob. Don't worry, a Kobo expert will soon talk you through in plain English (or even Oz) soon. Like you, I was a total technodunce when I got my first reader (Sony 505) eighteen months ago. Pals here solved all my problems in short order -- and with no fancy technojabber. Good luck and bexst wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:09 AM   #7
bob5146
Enthusiast

Thanks Neil for your concern, but this is tearing my hair out, need this device for my hols in a few weeks time,but thanks again.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:26 AM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob5146 View Post
Hi Everyone, Iam not computer litrate and I just purchased a KOBO reader, I am havin g bib problems dounloading a book, I have got the book in ADE, Where do I go from there , in laymans tearms,?
Thanks anne perth west aussie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob5146 View Post
When I drag the title over and release the mouse I get :this title already exists do you want to:skip, duplicate or remove< I clicked remove then dropped it again.
I don't have the KOBO (I have a Sony) and I live in the USA, but I'll give it a try.

I made some screen shots. Just click on them to make them larger.

This is the left side of the ADE Library
Click image for larger version

Name:	not connected.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	53658 when my Sony is not connected.

I connect the USB to the computer, Start ADE, Turn on my Sony, then connect the USB to my Sony.
This is what the left side of ADE looks like now. Click image for larger version

Name:	connected with my Sony 505.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	53661

Next, I just click to show "All Items", then click on the book I want (to put on my Sony), then drag it over on top of "Sony 505" and drop it. It loads fast. I can check it is there by clicking on "Sony 505" and the right side window will show everything that is on my Sony.

Something, I just thought about. Is your computer authorized for ADE? If not you can do it by clicking the little arrow next to the word "Library" on top. Then in the drop down menu you can click "Authorize computer".Click image for larger version

Name:	ADE auth.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	53660

There is some more information in the MR wiki page for the KOBO which has some FAQ at the bottom.

I hope this helps and I understood correctly what you were asking.

Good luck and have fun on your hols.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:48 AM   #9
bob5146
Enthusiast

Thanks for the detailed reply Dreams, I just done what you said and messed about with the KOBO and i have found the book in ocuments: Twice how do I get them out of there to be where they should be???? Regards Again
Old 06-19-2010, 04:56 AM   #10
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know the KOBO storage structure. Where do you want them to be?
Old 06-19-2010, 05:03 AM   #11
bob5146
Enthusiast

Under the books section
Old 06-19-2010, 05:15 AM   #12
dreams
It's about the umbrella

First, are you able to open it and read it where it is located now?

Second, I need to go research some more on the forums to figure out how the KOBO works. It's early morning here and I have to go to bed soon. So, I will have to check tomorrow when I am home.

Maybe, a KOBO owner will chime in soon with an answer.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:30 AM   #13
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

PDF's are filed under documents. You cannot change this at the moment.

If you want them to show up with your books, you'll have to convert them to epubs.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:33 AM   #14
GraemeWi
GraemeWi is on a distinguished road

As far as I know, PDF files are shown as 'documents' on the Kobo, and epubs are shown as 'books' in the menu listings.

Cheers,

G

Last edited by GraemeWi; 06-19-2010 at 05:33 AM. Reason: edit - posted at same time as above message
GraemeWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:36 AM   #15
bob5146
Enthusiast

Hi Stinger< how do I convert them