Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your favourite animal as a pet?
Cat 45 39.13%
Dog 51 44.35%
Rabbit 4 3.48%
Rat 1 0.87%
Fish 4 3.48%
Goat 3 2.61%
Other 7 6.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #16
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
Dog here! Haven't got one yet but we are shopping. Leaning towards a beagle right now.
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #17
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Toa a dog you are family. To a cat you are staff.

benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #18
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
Toa a dog you are family. To a cat you are staff.
*Exactly* my point of view! I already have kids who sometimes seem to think I'm staff, I don't need a furry friend of the same opinion.

Plus, cats are more graceful and condescending than I could ever be. I prefer the clutzy, loveable, without-shame dogs.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:02 PM   #19
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Am i the only one with a hippty hop bias?

My baby... Don Quijote.
he hates me! eats my wires... runs away from me and only likes my feet to cuddle up next to... maybe i should have voted "cat"
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #20
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Dogs rule. Poll closed.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #21
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I've corrected the ballot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dogs Rule!.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	31031  
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #22
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I voted cat, although I do like dogs too. But if I could only have one species as a pet, it'd be cats (right now, I have none though)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:33 PM   #23
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The blue one next to the fish.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:39 PM   #24
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
The blue one next to the fish.
I tried, but failed, to find a picture of a Russian Blue cat next to a fish bowl!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #25
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
... dogs are too drooly, smelly, noisy ! and they need so much attention..
Hmmm, I am glad you weren't describing men.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:36 PM   #26
benham
Guru

Coulda been. Sounds about right.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #27
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphapheemail View Post
Am i the only one with a hippty hop bias?

My baby... Don Quijote.
he hates me! eats my wires... runs away from me and only likes my feet to cuddle up next to... maybe i should have voted "cat"
i can't see your photo, but it it's of a rabbit, i can think of at least one other person who shares your bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
From who's point of view?
oh, mine, of course ! the cats are *deliberately* freeloading and strewing excess fur across all of my belongings.

Quote:
you know you're the exception to my rule.

Quote:
My dog has been following me around all morning putting her head in my hands whenever I stop petting her. She just can't get enough today. This is after about 3 hours of it.
like i was saying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Hmmm, I am glad you weren't describing men.
Quote:
Coulda been. Sounds about right.
alas.

actually i once dated a man who was far too drooly for my taste. that's not the reason i broke up with him, but i think it contributed.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #28
Witchbaby
Connoisseur
Witchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I tried, but failed, to find a picture of a Russian Blue cat next to a fish bowl!
Here you go ShortNCuddlyAm

I choose cat, but I would love to have a home some day that would allow for all kinds of beasties
Witchbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:23 AM   #29
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Dogs...Who else jumps excitedly, wags their tale wildy, wants to give you lots of big slobbery kisses when you've just come back up the driveway after forgetting to grab your cellphone or whatever, like you've been gone for a week!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:49 AM   #30
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
My dog has been following me around all morning putting her head in my hands whenever I stop petting her. She just can't get enough today. This is after about 3 hours of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
Dogs...Who else jumps excitedly, wags their tale wildy, wants to give you lots of big slobbery kisses when you've just come back up the driveway after forgetting to grab your cellphone or whatever, like you've been gone for a week!
When I get home this afternoon, my cat will walk between my legs, causing me to trip over him, giving me kisses, with his very scratchy tongue, and, as reward for me for cleaning his cat litter, drop something in there (even though he's just been outside for a full day). And when I'm sitting down to eat, he'll come demanding for attention (putting his head underneath my hand, and trying to give me kisses if I refuse to pet him...)

I noticed cats and dogs don't differ that much, they both demand attention, are noisy and smelly. (Yes, cats can be very noisy! ever seen a cat, sitting in front of a window, watching those birds... or two cats chasing one another all through the house, upstairs and downstairs...).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote