Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #46
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
I'll just see what it's like whenever it's out and then decide whether I want it or not.
Of course if the rumours say that they will bundle a unicorn with it then I'll get it straightaway
You had me at "unicorn"...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #47
el.jeffe58
Vocophorian
el.jeffe58 began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HDX7, Voyage, PW2, Touch 3G, Fire TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Like I posted in the other thread, I heard this same rumor prior to the release of the 2013 Paperwhite and Fires. I guess since they missed the mark there, they now want us to believe this will be release in Q2 2014. First, they are describing and showing photos of what looks more like a Fire prototype than an eInk Kindle. I doubt an eInk with a flush glass face will sell well as eInk diehards tend to like the non-glossy look of Kindle screens. I also doubt Amazon will put buttons back on an eInk Kindle. I also think Amazon will stick with their early Fall (Q3) release dates. I think this rumor has little credibility. Probably just more blog crap.
Respectfully agree sir.
el.jeffe58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #48
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I think higher res is the obvious (if not necessary) improvement. The flush screen we already see in the kobo, so it's not new. The early release, though, is doubtful. I don't see why they should change up their release cycle. They want to hit back to school and holiday season. They can hardly care about any "threat" from kobo.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:31 AM   #49
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Please don't make the back glossy like the Kindle Fire... Please don't make the back glossy like the Kindle Fire... Please don't...
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #50
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpider View Post
Please don't make the back glossy like the Kindle Fire... Please don't make the back glossy like the Kindle Fire... Please don't...
Do you mean the logo? The back on the Kindle Fire is like black rubber.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:06 AM   #51
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Maybe he meant the glossy logo on the PW2.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #52
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
If there is a new Kindle coming in the first quarter I wonder if it might be a fancier model: a Paperwhite Pro or some such.

I don't care about the page turn buttons and the PW's current resolution is fine with me but I just might like that flush screen. I've been looking with envy at video reviews of the Kobo Aura and I really like that screen. If they do that I'll get one.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #53
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Do you mean the logo? The back on the Kindle Fire is like black rubber.
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...355699491_.jpg

Glossy back. Not the back-back, the part of the back that is at an angle towards the screen (I don't know what to call it).

The back is... I don't know. It has this form: \__________/

The "\" and "/" parts are glossy. Yeah, I know. I was like "wut?" when I saw the ads. It's the part where you grab hold of the damn thing. Fingerprint forensics heaven. I swear, if CSI guys come in, they can identify you with the naked eye from the clarity of the fingerprints you leave on that thing. No, thanks. PSP's had this problem for a very long time.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #54
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpider View Post
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...355699491_.jpg

Glossy back. Not the back-back, the part of the back that is at an angle towards the screen (I don't know what to call it).

The back is... I don't know. It has this form: \__________/

The "\" and "/" parts are glossy. Yeah, I know. I was like "wut?" when I saw the ads. It's the part where you grab hold of the damn thing. Fingerprint forensics heaven. I swear, if CSI guys come in, they can identify you with the naked eye from the clarity of the fingerprints you leave on that thing. No, thanks. PSP's had this problem for a very long time.
Ah I got you now! Yeah it's a pain to keep clean on the KFs so I keep mine in a Poetic slimline case I got for $5. The rubber backing is also a pain to keep clean. It absorbs oil and stains with too much use.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:15 AM   #55
nathan.grewal
Dickens Fanatic
nathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo touch, iPod touch 4th gen, kobo arc, kobo arc 10 HD, nexus 5
Kindle Paperwhite 3 [Unsubstantiated Rumours]

So, it looks like the kindle paperwhite 3 is going to be a great device.
300 ppi screen- not much better than kobo aura hd
Light sensor- great idea!
Look nicer- the newer kobo's look better than the current paperwhite. Amazon is gonna change this!
Nice font, optimized for the device.

Overall, Amazon is doing the right thing with this! I'm excited to see how this works, and to see how Kobo does it!

BTW, is there's already a thread on this, could someone direct me to it?

Last edited by pdurrant; 04-03-2014 at 08:30 AM.
nathan.grewal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:23 AM   #56
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
This is just rumour, nothing in fact yet.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:08 PM   #57
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
This unicorn is already being discussed here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=227781
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:18 PM   #58
nathan.grewal
Dickens Fanatic
nathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo touch, iPod touch 4th gen, kobo arc, kobo arc 10 HD, nexus 5
Thanks
nathan.grewal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #59
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Pretty off the Paperwhite now since I got the Nexus 7, but I will still watch to see what they come up with. I think I may even like my Kindle Touch better than the PW.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:58 PM   #60
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
I am going to pass on buying any new devices until they improve in the software. They still have not delivered on the goodreads integration and the cloud collections is a disaster. I am thinking I am going to mive away from amazon devices.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
300 ppi, 3rd generation, good, kindle, paperwhite