Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-15-2010, 05:09 AM   #1
Jcas
Zealot
Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle PW2,Kindle DXG,iPhone 4
My Kindle 3 Arrived

Finally got my kindle today after a 4 week wait, so far i love it but still trying to work out how to form collections etc, and general navigating, guess it will so become clear.

It is my very first ereader so i am definately on L plates with it ..
Jcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Congrats - it's a learning curve esp. If you haven't had an ereader before.

To add a book to a collection, select the book then just click to the right with the square shaped controller (bottom right called a 5way controller) and you select Add to a Collection or something similar. You can then assign a new collection by typing a name with the keyboard.

Last edited by TheKindleWorm; 09-15-2010 at 09:15 AM.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Jcas

How are you liking your K3? Be sure to download some of the free books available here......click on any of my links for more info...
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
To add a book to a collection, just click to the right with the square shaped controller (bottom right called a 5way controller) and you select Add to a Collection or something similar.
You can do it like that, but a much, much faster way is to right click on the name of the collection, and then select "Add/Remove Items". You'll then see a list of titles, and you can page through and press <Enter> for each book that you want to add to the collection. This is enormously faster than doing it a book at a time.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #5
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcas View Post
Finally got my kindle today after a 4 week wait, so far i love it...
Congratulations! I predict you'll get used to it soon and then you'll wonder how you ever lived without it!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2010, 09:13 AM   #6
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You can do it like that, but a much, much faster way is to right click on the name of the collection, and then select "Add/Remove Items". You'll then see a list of titles, and you can page through and press <Enter> for each book that you want to add to the collection. This is enormously faster than doing it a book at a time.
That is true and a great tip but I was comng from the angle that perhaps no collections had yet been made at all ...
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
I'm waiting for my Kindle 3 and the tips are both very useful and appreciated. Thank you.

Congrats Jcas for your Kindle.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:03 PM   #8
tarke9891
Enthusiast
tarke9891 doesn't littertarke9891 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G
One more week for me. I don't think, I have know more about a piece of hardware before it getting to the house.
tarke9891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:48 AM   #9
Jcas
Zealot
Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle PW2,Kindle DXG,iPhone 4
Thanks for the tips,i am loving this thing so far, only trouble is hubby won't prepare the meals so i can read my Kindle
Jcas is offline   Reply With Quote