Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-11-2008, 10:33 AM   #1
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
Idea for displaying books on the Kindle

The Kindle should have the option to display books with a small picture of the cover next to the title....or just a pciture of the cover. Also...the Kindle should have greater freedom for editing the meta data of the books....i.e. title and author...because sometimes they are messed up, to use the technical term.

I think this could help people form a stronger emotional connection with their library. of course this doesn't make up for the entire lack of physical substance....the paper. but i think the metaphor of the book...as represented in a picture of the cover of the book...would make some sense.

Last edited by markbot; 03-11-2008 at 10:36 AM.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:06 PM   #2
cfw123
Enthusiast
cfw123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Only half right, but a good post neverless. When you go to the Kindle Store, it does give you a small thumbnail picture of the cover. But not in your own directry like I think the writer would like. Actually since I already have 41 pages in my home directory, this would make my directory much much longer, requiring too many page changes to scroll through it. But as an option -- sure -- it would be great, especially since many would already have the image -- at least those bought from the Kindle Store.

And yes -- we should be able to edit the meta data for enteries in our home directory. For example many of these are inconsistent in the way the author name is recorded, and even the title itself is often screwed up. Some have title pages, some do not. I don't mind doing that editing on my PC when it is connected by cable to my Kindle, but you can't even do that for the author name which is somehow encoded within the document itself, and not visible on your computer. In addtion there should be a defined place in the document for inserting a title page, etc., which is not there today.

Charles Wilkes, San Jose, Calif.
cfw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert