Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
type
type began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Nook and library book question

I checked out a library book that's in .acsm format. My nook simple touch doesn't recognize it. I've downloaded Adobe Digital Editions, and the ebook is in there too.
But I still can't get a readable copy into my nook. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Welcome to MobileRead, type. You need to connect your Nook to your computer and then use Adobe Digital Editions to authorize it and transfer the book. This article explains the steps in more details.
http://cp-barnesandnoble.kb.net/kb/?...b:7:artId:1213
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
One of these might be of help (although you've obviously already gone through the checkout part of the process)...

Last edited by AnemicOak; 10-25-2012 at 11:01 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:53 AM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
This is probably covered in the links posted, but just for clarification:
The ACSM file isn't the actual book, just a download "key" that losck up the ctual book that gets downloaded when you open the ACSM file through the correct program (or device with the program installed).
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #5
type
type began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks so much, all. Mission accomplished.
I knew I was missing something simple, then after reading everything y'all offered, I had my "duhhhh!" moment.
type is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Great! Glad it's working. Happy reading!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote