Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-16-2013, 03:28 AM   #1
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Onyx Boox R65 & C65

Soon for sale, two-substituted eraders Firefly and i62HD.
Both with Android 2.3:

http://www.onyx-international.com.cn...hp?serial=4628

http://www.onyx-international.com.cn...hp?serial=4631

[Images - Moderator]

We await that Booxtor tell us if you will market your store.

regards

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-23-2013 at 04:16 PM.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:20 AM   #2
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
I don't like the design somehow but it is great news nonetheless
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2013, 04:57 AM   #3
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feher View Post
I don't like the design somehow but it is great news nonetheless
The design is of secondary importance. RAM is something that I see little to Android. With 512 MB ​​would be better ...
Old 04-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
puchatek2
puchatek2 began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX i62HD AngelGlow
any news on updating i62hd to android?
puchatek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
fraylocus
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchatek2 View Post
any news on updating i62hd to android?
After this news, what you question is almost a miracle ...
Advert
Old 04-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
I wonder if Onyx will start to offer a similar screen to what Kobo has announced with their new Aura HD e-reader. The screen is 6.8 inches with 1440 by 1080 pixels which yields 265 pixels per inch, identical to Apple's Retina display standard.
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:46 AM   #7
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Thanks. Interesting news.
But having new models usually means less effort to support older ones
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #8
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
I am testing R65 for three months now. At the moment it is far away from being perfect. Most annoying problem is the power management. On my sample device the battery is mostly completely discharged after three days even in suspend mode. The second problem - there is no multitasking functionality yet for that device (I mean something like task manager) and the PDF Reader is not as advanced as in Linux models. After being able to compare I went back to my "old" beloved Firefly

But I know the guys from R6D team are working really hard on it and they surelly will solve all the problems.

However I am going to offer those new devices in our store first, when they solved all the issues.

Last edited by Booxtor; 04-29-2013 at 06:42 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why is it that Onyx has no active presence in the USA?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #10
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsavitz View Post
I wonder if Onyx will start to offer a similar screen to what Kobo has announced with their new Aura HD e-reader. The screen is 6.8 inches with 1440 by 1080 pixels which yields 265 pixels per inch, identical to Apple's Retina display standard.

Well, it's a tablet like 7' inch display so the bigger resolution makes sense. I'm more curious about the software Onyx is planning on installing on the new Android readers. It it's the same M92 software they ported to the I series I'd stay away from it
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:00 AM   #11
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Any idea when it will be available? It doesn't say anything on website. I checked youtube and coudln't find any videos, but the site mentions they are expected.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #12
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
This means no android to firefly?
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #13
nemo31416
nemo31416 began at the beginning.

Device: Papyre 6.1 Ed2ª(lost), Samsung E65(gathering dust), Sony Prs-T1(ok)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
Any idea when it will be available? It doesn't say anything on website. I checked youtube and coudln't find any videos, but the site mentions they are expected.
1+
nemo31416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #14
1qaz2wsx
1qaz2wsx began at the beginning.

Device: Android on EInk
Sorry to revive a dying thread, however, the following video indirectly suggests that they'll be released in September (@5:45 and 8:55 marks): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6JsCXPiDJU Also that Android 4.3 operating system will be on all devices.

Any additional information on c65 or other Android ereaders? It'd be greatly appreciated.
1qaz2wsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:48 AM   #15
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qaz2wsx View Post
...Any additional information on c65 or other Android ereaders? It'd be greatly appreciated.
I am also eagerly awaiting this.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote