Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #16
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
I'm not completely sure about it, can't remember exactly.
Maybe you need the "base" package [1] installed on your system?

Iņigo

[1] https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=887725
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #17
ducdreamer
ducdreamer began at the beginning.

Device: irex dr1000s
Hello fekhner,
Thanks for you clarify this for me.
The program is working now.
Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
You have to copy the directory _chess and the file Chess.desktop from the zipped chess-v1.tar.gz archive of the first post under the directory /Programs that you have to create on your SD card.

As said before, it is important how you actually copy these files as some decompressing utilities do not keep the correct linux attributes.

Under MACOSX, I am following dima_tr's suggestion from some way back and copy everything from within an i-term using midnight commander. In this case, you actually do not need to extract as you can copy from the zipped archive directly. According to rvs, you should use 7zip under windows. This is in fact a recurrent problem and appears at several places in the forum, see for instance
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=93627&page=6 from #85 and further
ducdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #18
xxtraloud
Connoisseur
xxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheese

Device: DX
beautiful, any chance this could run on the irex as well??
xxtraloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:04 AM   #19
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
For ILiad software see here. Look at 6.1 XBoard: "Full Screen Chess Application with engines GNU Chess & Phalanx"
I do not have an ILiad, so I can not tell if it is any good.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #20
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
For ILiad software see here. Look at 6.1 XBoard: "Full Screen Chess Application with engines GNU Chess & Phalanx"
I do not have an ILiad, so I can not tell if it is any good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxtraloud View Post
beautiful, any chance this could run on the irex as well??
The version in the link Mackx has sent worked perfectly on my old Iliad some time ago.

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chess, eboard, gnuchess, gogolo