Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
Note-taking on the prs-600 for me is like pulling teeth - it is incredibly slow!
You do realise that you don't have to "wait" for the eInk screen? Just type or draw as fast as you want - the screen will catch up with you when you stop.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #17
Belanna
Belanna began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS 600
I find the handwriting feature of the PRS 600 incredibly usefull. My reader is always in my purse and I don't have to carry with me tons of pieces of papers with my notes on. I must admit that I never tried to export my notes still..
Belanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #18
SPY_MC
SPY_MC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs 600
Note taking slow

When Im taking notes on a pdf, in class. If i know i will have to take a note on that particular page, I make a small mark on the corner--this allows the ereader to prepare the .notes(xml/svg) file.

Of all the processes that the e-reader goes through, i think, that the latency in the handwriting is initially due to the reader creating a new file.

What do you think?
SPY_MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #19
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPY_MC View Post
... the .notes(xml/svg) file ...
Do you use notes that have been exported as xml/svg files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPY_MC View Post
... i think, that the latency in the handwriting is initially due to the reader creating a new file ...
Assuming the reader only needs to create files once, wouldn't you expect the latency to vary during the writing period?
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #20
SPY_MC
SPY_MC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs 600
New svg each note

I do believe that for all the notes on one page there is a new svg. Meaning if you have a 20 page pdf, take a note on each page, you will have 20 svg's. Isn't that right?

No I havent taken the svg's off the reader yet. I tried opening it with IncScape (A free SVG graphics tool, its really nice) but there is some formating issues. The geometry looks similar though
SPY_MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert