Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-24-2009, 07:37 PM   #16
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
My brother is living in Canada at the moment, I hope he partied all with all of you fun Canadians over there!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:57 PM   #17
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Ooh, I hope he did too, tonight's show was awesome! Is he in Québec? Most of the action is in the province, but I know Francophone communities in all Canada are celebrating on a smaller scale.

The show is still going on - I can hear it and it's about 2km away from here (long walk back in a dark park filled with partying people) I really wish your brother as more courage than me! 200,000 people in one spot - fun, but over exhausting!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2009, 07:03 AM   #18
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
My idiot neighbours have been partying until one o clock and we all have to wake up early.
Hey! party all you want but please, do it without blasting firecracker bombs!!!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:38 AM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
ha crotte, je l'ai raté !! bonne Saint-Jean après coup mais non moins sincère ! j'espère que la tête ne va pas trop mal ce matin, prends une aspirine ou 3 et bois beaucoup d'eau surtout !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:08 AM   #20
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Ti-Hi! Merci! Mon truc: deux advils et un grand verre d'eau avant d'aller me coucher! Et comme hier j'ai commencé à trinquer vers 11 heures le matin, à 20 heures j'avais plutôt terminé de boire, alors ce matin, tout va!
Advert
Old 06-25-2009, 08:09 AM   #21
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Ti-Hi! Merci! Mon truc: deux advils et un grand verre d'eau avant d'aller me coucher! Et comme hier j'ai commencé à trinquer vers 11 heures le matin, à 20 heures j'avais plutôt terminé de boire, alors ce matin, tout va!
c'est pas bête comme système, faudrait que j'essaie ça la prochaine fois ! la fête fut bonne alors ?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:24 AM   #22
Verencat
Wizard

Très, très bonne!

Here's some pictures - I was quite far away from the stage, but seeing all the people was great - and this is just a fraction of the crowd, they say this morning we were more than 250,000... Last picture is of La Bottine Souriante, a traditional music group that I know WDE likes - but I don't really think you can actually see the band I'm so far away!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1179.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	31150   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1184.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	31151   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1187.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	31152  
Old 06-25-2009, 09:34 AM   #23
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Très, très bonne!

Here's some pictures - I was quite far away from the stage, but seeing all the people was great - and this is just a fraction of the crowd, they say this morning we were more than 250,000... Last picture is of La Bottine Souriante, a traditional music group that I know WDE likes - but I don't really think you can actually see the band I'm so far away!
Thanks for the pics VCat. I can just make out some of the band. You have captured the atmosphere of the celebrations.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:04 AM   #24
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
ha crotte, je l'ai raté !! bonne Saint-Jean après coup mais non moins sincère !
Right. What she said. But perhaps it's still going on so we're not really very late?

Oh, to be in Québec right now - what a lovely thought!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #25
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
ha crotte, je l'ai raté !! bonne Saint-Jean après coup mais non moins sincère ! j'espère que la tête ne va pas trop mal ce matin, prends une aspirine ou 3 et bois beaucoup d'eau surtout !
My trick agains head aches? A glass of water between every alcohol beverages. Tough to get used to but works everytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Right. What she said. But perhaps it's still going on so we're not really very late?

Oh, to be in Québec right now - what a lovely thought!
Today less than yesterday. Here it's 34c in the shade and quite humid. I think we're having our summer for a couple of hours.

BTW Thanks for putting that accent on Québec. Nice respectful touch for this celebration.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #26
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
BTW Thanks for putting that accent on Québec. Nice respectful touch for this celebration.
While I believe in the "add your own damn accents" philosophy, I thought it was appropriate this time. But in the future, yöú čān føřgёt ít!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #27
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
While I believe in the "add your own damn accents" philosophy, I thought it was appropriate this time. But in the future, yöú čān føřgёt ít!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:51 PM   #28
Verencat
Wizard

The Happy time of the year has come again!!!!!!!

Bonne Saint-Jean-Batiste à tous!!!

Old 06-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #29
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Yeah, well, I'm staying home. I'm not going out in that craze, walking long kilometers with a cane...