Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-13-2013, 06:56 AM   #1
leijoninna
leijoninna began at the beginning.

Device: iPad3
iPhone orientation lock disabled

I've been building a couple of Apple fixed layout ePub books. In the apple display options file I have these lines

<platform name="iphone">
<option name="orientation-lock">landscape-only</option>
</platform>

This used to lock the iPhone view to landscape-only. However, somewhere in the coding process this stopped working. I haven't touched the display options file so that can't be it. Some other code must disable it.

The only thing i could think of, which I also added pretty late in the process, is the metadata in the opf file. I have these meta properties, which I got from a blog about fixed layout:

<meta property="dcterms:modified">2013-05-13T12:00:00Z</meta>
<meta property="rendition:layout">pre-paginated</meta>
<meta property="rendition:spread">auto</meta>
<meta property="renditionrientation">auto</meta>
<meta property="ibooks:version">3.0</meta>
<meta property="ibooks:specified-fonts">true</meta>
<meta property="ibooks:binding">true</meta>

I have already tried to remove the renditionrientation property, but it does not change anything. I cannot simply set it to landscape either since I want the iPad to work both ways. I don't even know what other options there are for the layout and spread properties.

What code could be interfering? Or should I be looking in some other file?

(I would normally post this in the EPUB forum, but some people keep saying fixed layout is not a true EPUB, and that these things should be posted in the Apple forum instead. This is the only Apple forum I can find, so I hope it is the right one.)
leijoninna is offline   Reply With Quote