Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #196
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
The procedure seems to be:

1) Check out book from library &
2) fulfill from Amazon

I don't see how that can be done without using a browser from somewhere.
Right, but Amazon could streamline the process with direct menu links.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #197
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Hmmm, this is interesting. The Seattle Public Library shows 28,973 ebooks in its collection. When you click on the Kindle link, only 22,480 ebooks are available. Does that mean 6,493 ebooks can't be downloaded to the Kindle?
Correct. No Kindle format available at Amazon.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2011, 10:33 PM   #198
davem2bits
Enthusiast
davem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Voyage
That's much better than the mobipocket ratio. There was only about 1/3 of mobipocket to EPUB. Did you notice that the mobipocket option has disappeared.
davem2bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #199
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Everyone, here's my analysis of the situation:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...or-the-kindle/

it's a beta test that covers just the 2 library systems in the Seattle area.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:36 AM   #200
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem2bits View Post
Did you notice that the mobipocket option has disappeared.
I noticed it. I'm now seeing listings for Kindle, Adobe EPUB, and Adobe PDF.
Advert
Old 09-20-2011, 03:45 AM   #201
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Everyone, here's my analysis of the situation:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...or-the-kindle/

it's a beta test that covers just the 2 library systems in the Seattle area.
It works great. Checking out the book on my computer went smooth as usual. Getting that book to my Kindle over WiFi was a breeze and quicker than going through ADE with my former Sony 350. I love not having to use a cable.

Also, I was able to open this book on my Nook Color and my iPod touch, using the Kindle app, without any problems.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:34 AM   #202
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

What won't work is trying to get a Kindle book through the OverDrive app on my Nook Color or iPod touch. Only EPUB is supported.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #203
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
aaaaack. Want. Want. Want. Want. I want it now!!!!!

I'm jealous of you tubemonkey.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #204
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
aaaaack. Want. Want. Want. Want. I want it now!!!!!

I'm jealous of you tubemonkey.
It helps having Amazon in your backyard. That's probably why we got first crack at it.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #205
Tinks
Zealot
Tinks doesn't litterTinks doesn't litter

Device: Voyage
I looked at both of the libraries where I can access Overdrive, but they don't have the Kindle link up yet. I wonder when the rest of the libraries are going to add kindle? I'm so excited that we finally get library access.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #206
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
I looked at both of the libraries where I can access Overdrive, but they don't have the Kindle link up yet. I wonder when the rest of the libraries are going to add kindle? I'm so excited that we finally get library access.
Probably after it's Beta. AND, more importantly, when they decide to spend the time and money to do so...and some can't or don't want to.
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #207
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
When who decides to spend the time and money to do so? I'm on our library board and we've been told this will cost nothing additional at the Library level.

It is a change that Overdrive is rolling out .... not the library.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #208
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
When who decides to spend the time and money to do so? I'm on our library board and we've been told this will cost nothing additional at the Library level.

It is a change that Overdrive is rolling out .... not the library.
That was my understanding also.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #209
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Library lending on an eReader? Welcome to 2011
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #210
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
No Kindle books at Clevnet yet.

/sad panda
carld is offline   Reply With Quote