Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-06-2020, 11:30 AM   #1
omazumba
omazumba began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Jump backward 3 pages on every wake

Hi everybody,
I have a Pocketbook Touch HD 3 which is my first ereader.
Every time I turn my ereader on, it goes back three or four pages on the current ebook. I returned my first device because of a defected screen, but it behaved like this too, so I'm almost sure this happens on all of them.
Can someone help me understand why this happens? If it's a feature I can't seem to understand the use of it. I'm constantly trying to find the page I'm at.

Thank you!

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk
omazumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 12:35 PM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
It's a bug, will be repaired with next update, if bothering, try Coolreader or KoReader.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2020, 01:23 PM   #3
omazumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
It's a bug, will be repaired with next update, if bothering, try Coolreader or KoReader.
Thanks! It wouldn't make sense as a feature.
On your personal experience and opinion, which third party reading software is better suited for a Pocketbook, between the two you've mentioned? I'm asking this because I've read in the forums here that KoReader has a bug on Pocketbooks which requires a reboot between opening books, due to the lack of active development for the pocketbook ecosystem. Is that true?
Thank you once again.

Old 08-06-2020, 05:12 PM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm a fan of Coolreader.
Why?
1) Historical reasons, in the beginning it was superior to KoReader.
2) KoReader still has problems with my PB Touch HD.
3) Adapting it to my needs took days, didn't wan't to switch after everything worked.

With other words, try KoReader first, now it has more features, adapting Coolreader will take longer.
BUT booth are working only with hard-DRM-fee books. For books crippled with hard-DRM there is no way around the internal reader without liberating what you bought.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:19 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Forget ever running Coolreader. It's rubbish. KOReader is actively supported and supposedly works pretty well from what I've read.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2020, 05:21 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I'm a fan of Coolreader.
Why?
1) Historical reasons, in the beginning it was superior to KoReader.
2) KoReader still has problems with my PB Touch HD.
3) Adapting it to my needs took days, didn't wan't to switch after everything worked.

With other words, try KoReader first, now it has more features, adapting Coolreader will take longer.
BUT booth are working only with hard-DRM-fee books. For books crippled with hard-DRM there is no way around the internal reader without liberating what you bought.
You don't need to deal with the new DRM Adobe has created. You just run ADE 2.0.1 and you will download ePub with the standard Adept DRM that can be stripped with the DeDRM plugin (for Calibre) found at https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com where you can also ask for help on how to use the plugin if you need help.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 06:58 PM   #7
omazumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Forget ever running Coolreader. It's rubbish. KOReader is actively supported and supposedly works pretty well from what I've read.
When I install a different reader app is it easy to revert to the stock app? They both coexist in my ereader?

Old 08-07-2020, 03:33 AM   #8
nhedgehog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I strongly disagree. Coolreader (not from Vlasofsoft) is cool on Pocketbooks.

Quote:
When I install a different reader app is it easy to revert to the stock app? They both coexist in my ereader?
On the Pocketbooks you can decide, which reader opens which book in every case [manipulate the extension.cfg]. Reverting to the virgin state and using only the Pocketbook Reader software is very easy.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 08-07-2020 at 04:27 AM.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:40 AM   #9
omazumba

Quote:
I strongly disagree. Coolreader (not from Vlasofsoft) is cool on Pocketbooks.

On the Pocketbooks you can decide, which reader opens which book in every case [manipulate the extension.cfg]. Reverting to the virgin state and using only the Pocketbook Reader software is very easy.
How can I tell which is the correct Coolreader (not the one from Vlasofsoft)?

Old 08-07-2020, 12:45 PM   #10
nhedgehog
Guru

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=256917