Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
musteman
Enthusiast
musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: KOBO AURA ONE
PERFORMANCE TURNING PAGES

Hello again,

I would like to mention the enormous variation on performance turning pages between the different versions of the firmware.

The last updates (603/609) are much slower turning pages on epubs books than the original version of the firmware. The last few days I've using each of the firmwares and I just cannot understand why the newer versions are so slow in comparison.

I have to mention than the original firmware and the 408 version have the same performance. The problems appear on the newest ones.

I'm really concern about this matter because I love all the new features from the last firmwares.

Nobody is experiencing the same problem? Am I the only one with these problems?

Thanks,
musteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer
Gertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litter

Device: Irex DR800S, DR1000S, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by musteman View Post
The last updates (603/609) are much slower turning pages on epubs books than the original version of the firmware. The last few days I've using each of the firmwares and I just cannot understand why the newer versions are so slow in comparison.
We've identified an issue in the RC1 and RC2 releases which caused the background prerendering of pages not to function correctly. It will be fixed in the next release.
Gertjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
musteman
Enthusiast
musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Thanks for your quick reply. I was going crazy with this matter and after several hours trying different things I even thought about buying a new SD card (thinking that maybe was the problem).

Could you give us any orientation about the estimated date for this new firmware?? With all the news related to Irex I was worry the device would not be improved further...

Thanks again!
Old 06-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
musteman
Enthusiast

Gertjan, taking advantage of your presence in this thread, I also noticed a possible problem in the newest firmwares. When I bookmark a page in a book and immediately I reset the device, somehow the bookmark disappear.

Are you aware of this problem? Anybody has experienced the same problem?

Many thanks again,
Old 06-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #5
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertjan View Post
We've identified an issue in the RC1 and RC2 releases which caused the background prerendering of pages not to function correctly. It will be fixed in the next release.
so would you please tell us if you plan to add a fix for flip bar in panning mode, and continuous and full screen mode in the next firmware release ?
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 03:04 AM   #6
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by musteman View Post
When I bookmark a page in a book and immediately I reset the device, somehow the bookmark disappear.
The annotations (bookmarks, scribbles etc) are saved to the SD card on several occasions (e.g. when you close the book, open another or when the device is switched off). When you hard reset the device, you may loose recent changes.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:07 AM   #7
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by repods View Post
so would you please tell us if you plan to add a fix for flip bar in panning mode, and continuous and full screen mode in the next firmware release ?
The performance issue will be fixed in the next release candidate for 2.0. As said before, improved continuous mode/panning is on our list but it will not make 2.0.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:06 AM   #8
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:
The performance issue will be fixed in the next release candidate for 2.0. As said before, improved continuous mode/panning is on our list but it will not make 2.0.
ok thanks
btw the support for chm books is on your list ?

Last edited by repods; 06-29-2010 at 05:11 AM.
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:37 AM   #9
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
well, at least it's good that continuous mode/panning was on someone else's list and on DR1000's list
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #10
AlpGlide
Connoisseur
AlpGlide began at the beginning.

Device: dr900
Will the flipbar problem fix in next release?

Quote:
the flipbar direction can not configure in landscape mode, ( and up-to-down direction is not sensitive. Is this a physical problem of my dr800 ?)
AlpGlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #11
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpGlide View Post
the flipbar direction can not configure in landscape mode, ( and up-to-down direction is not sensitive. Is this a physical problem of my dr800 ?)
When in portrait mode, it's a little more finicky pressing left than it is pressing right. When pressing left it works better to use the middle or lower part of the bar. The top doesn't work well when pressing left.

Does this correlate to what you mean by "up-to-down" direction in landscape?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #12
AlpGlide
Connoisseur
AlpGlide began at the beginning.

Device: dr900
I can not configure flipbar direction in landscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
When in portrait mode, it's a little more finicky pressing left than it is pressing right. When pressing left it works better to use the middle or lower part of the bar. The top doesn't work well when pressing left.

Does this correlate to what you mean by "up-to-down" direction in landscape?
Yes, you are right.
I can not configure flipbar direction in landscape. up-to-down is the only way to turn page forward in landscape. I want to change to down-to-up for next page. in portrait, we can configure left-to-right or right-to-left for next page.
AlpGlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:08 AM   #13
yacoob
Zealot
yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Gertjan, is there a chance we'll get RC3, or is the case lost together with Irex? (referring to post here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...719#post985719 )
yacoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:03 AM   #14
Groen
eReader
Groen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by yacoob View Post
Gertjan, is there a chance we'll get RC3, or is the case lost together with Irex? (referring to post here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...719#post985719 )
If someone is willing to buy iRex's assets and decides to continue the DR product line, you will probably see RC3. But, until that deal is closed, not too much will happen probably, because the receiver will be very cautious to spend any further money.
Groen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:11 AM   #15
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yacoob View Post
RC3 (0629) is up: http://updates.irexnet.com

Improvements from v2.0-rc2
  • Improved zooming (PDF, images):
    - zoom above 400% possible
    - auto zoom to best available factor, fix blank screens
    - reduced memory required while scaling images, fix overruns
  • Fix page flipping speed in reflowed documents (EPUB, PDF)
  • Fix size and position of page and scribbles when switching back to original size (PDF)
  • Fix unexpected failure while generating thumbnails
  • Fix searching for single characters in text files