Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
Paul Clayton
Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: laptop
LOST COLONY FOUND!

On the pages of new book... The Lost Colony of Roanoke comes roaring back to life in White Seed: The Untold Story of the Lost Colony of Roanoke.

From Publishers Weekly: White Seed…hews closely to the record of Sir Walter Raleigh's second doomed attempt to plant the British flag in Virginia… The depiction of the colony's physical and moral disintegration between 1587 and 1590 -- as drunken, cannibalistic soldiers mutiny and brutalize the settlers they were meant to protect, and as colonists confront disease, starvation and madness -- evokes a harrowing sense of human fallibility. Readers…will find this saga, which…soon achieves page-turner velocity, to be both a dandy diversion and an entertaining education.

Hello People, I'm happy to tell you that my new book is finally available in all ebook versions and also in paperback.

Here are the links from Amazon and Smashwords.

http://www.amazon.com/White-Seed-Unt...0056470&sr=1-3

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4099

I have kept the ebook price low, $3.99, in the hopes that folks will take a look. Please note that the paperback comes in at 490 pages.

I hope someone reading this will take a look. White Seed will keep you coming back over the long holiday.

Best!
Paul Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Sounds interesting! I've always wondered what happened to those folks. I'll give your book a look.

Lost Colony production, somewhere between 1949 and 1953:

More recent picture of the fellow in armor:

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 12-05-2009 at 07:04 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #3
Paul Clayton
Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Goahollleeey!

That looks like Andy! And he got his start in the Lost Colony production. I knew we were connected somehow. And, I too am Nephelim. But I'm from The Blue World (available on smashwords.com).

Latter
Old 12-07-2009, 02:47 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I've read a few pages of your book, and I'll definitely get it, when I get my new reader... I don't want to go through Amazon, because of their default $2 extra for overseas customers... So.. even FREE books are $2 to us from O/S...

Smashwords is GREAT! and I'll get it from there... Really sounds like something I would love to read.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:09 AM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've read the first couple of chapters and so far it's a rousing good tale. Really draws you in.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:50 AM   #6
Paul Clayton

Lene and WT, I hope you enjoy the book. If you do, tell a friend. Best!
Old 12-13-2009, 01:39 AM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Bought and downloaded your book... Can't wait to read it..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:45 AM   #8
Paul Clayton

Lene, I hope you enjoy the book. And thank you very much!
Paul Clayton
Old 07-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #9
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I finally got around to reading White Seed. I'm almost finished now and it's really spellbinding; but one thing surprised the heck out of me, and I can only assume it's a misprint, unless Paul Clayton works for DC.

In chapter 34 of my Kindle edition, I discovered the following curiosity:

.....Captain Stafford had Superman signal the charge on his trumpet and they raced into the square.

Superman???

P.C.: Are you still monitoring this thread? Please explain. I assume you perhaps had a few character names not quite worked out and were using substitutes that you later changed for the final edition. Am I right? If so, you missed one!

Of course, I haven't read the final chapter yet. Maybe Superman rescues the Lost Colony in the end by flying around the Earth faster than light in a counter-clockwise direction and changing history!
Old 07-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #10
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your new company, Paul. I just sent you a message off list, by the way. Either it's sheer name coincidence or you and I were in regular contact some years ago after a superb war novel you wrote and some shorts including the excellent 'The River'. Either way, very best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:00 AM   #11
Paul Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I finally got around to reading White Seed. I'm almost finished now and it's really spellbinding; but one thing surprised the heck out of me, and I can only assume it's a misprint, unless Paul Clayton works for DC.

In chapter 34 of my Kindle edition, I discovered the following curiosity:

.....Captain Stafford had Superman signal the charge on his trumpet and they raced into the square.

Superman???

P.C.: Are you still monitoring this thread? Please explain. I assume you perhaps had a few character names not quite worked out and were using substitutes that you later changed for the final edition. Am I right? If so, you missed one!

Of course, I haven't read the final chapter yet. Maybe Superman rescues the Lost Colony in the end by flying around the Earth faster than light in a counter-clockwise direction and changing history!
Neil,
I almost had a heart attack when I saw that in the first, let's call it, ARC, of the book. I have no idea how that got in there (the super guy). However, I immediately contacted the POD publisher and uploaded a new file with that and a few other flukes fixed up (cost me a hundred bucks!). I know that particular error is long gone, but somehow you ended up with a bad version. (anything I can do to make it right? PM me, pal.)

But I do remember you from BEwrite. I'm still trying my best to break out of the pack. Let's stay in touch.

Paul Clayton
Old 07-23-2010, 03:05 AM   #12
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Really great to hear from you Paul -- you are some talented ol' scribe. The BeWrite Community is no more because we needed all the time we could grab to work on the publishing side (there's a link below) and had to, reluctantly, close it down about six years ago.

Good to hear you're still going strong. And, sure, let's stay in touch. I've thought of you and your excellent work often since we were last in contact. 'Tis a small, small world we inhabit ... and shrinking by the day. A most welcome coincidence to meet you again here. Here's karma to ya.

Very best wishes. Neil
Attached Images

neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #13
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Clayton View Post
...I almost had a heart attack when I saw that in the first, let's call it, ARC, of the book. I have no idea how that got in there (the super guy). However, I immediately contacted the POD publisher and uploaded a new file with that and a few other flukes fixed up (cost me a hundred bucks!). I know that particular error is long gone, but somehow you ended up with a bad version....
I hope you aren't too embarrassed by my pointing out the typo. In a book of that size, a few errors are bound to creep in. My post was meant in fun and the attention seems to have interested at least one other MobileRead member in reading the book. In truth I fully agree with Neil: you are some talented ol' scribe.

White Seed: The Untold Story of the Lost Colony of Roanoke is a wonderful and captivating book that tells a thrilling story. Anyone who hasn't yet bought a copy should do so. I can't recommend this novel highly enough. Five out of four stars from this reviewer!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #14
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I was just in the Outer Banks a few days ago. The local tour book mentioned a play about the lost colony of roanoke island, would this be something similar?

Got my interest, am checking out the sample now..
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #15
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
I was just in the Outer Banks a few days ago. The local tour book mentioned a play about the lost colony of roanoke island, would this be something similar?

Got my interest, am checking out the sample now..
See Post #2 on this page. Indeed there is a play. I haven't seen it since I was a kid (that's how long it's been running). There was a fire a couple of years ago that burned to all their costumes, but I understand they've been replaced.

I should see that play again before the summer's over.

And BTW, Paul's book is GREAT! It's one of those novels that sticks with you for long after you've read the final memorable sentence! The final chapters are a real roller-coaster ride!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 08-02-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Tags
the lost colony