Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-21-2009, 05:20 AM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Cannot download 2.0.2 and 2.0.1 source code

I cannot download source for 2.0.2 and 2.03 in Amazon Web.

I got messages like:

AccessDeniedAccess Denied44ECB907E8443A97eUVS27YNqyIEwNjSmKacFdTFLyW8 xPr1mtNZVrbI9WkrBdaRKn2UymYTuYYMPMDx

Any repros?
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I don't know why you're getting that message. Are you outside of the U.S.?

Not trying to be nosy but why do you want the source codes? Are you trying to update a Kindle or are you just curious. There are a couple of stickies at the top of this forum. One with source code links and the other with change logs. If that's not what you need maybe I or someone else can direct to what you're looking for.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I'm from Spain. After posting here I think that could be the reason I cannot download it.

I'm just curious, but as C++ developer I would like to see something. Gnome? Does it have the Mobipocket viewer? And so.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe if you post in the Changelog thread, Unrequited or TadW can answer your questions because I don't have a clue.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:33 AM   #5
SalvaG
Enthusiast
SalvaG is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DX
why do you want the source codes?
Hi, didn't you see rfog's poll ?

Ok, so using a proxy and a kind of luck , I managed to download it from Spain. I've uploaded it to MU; (links are allowed, doesn't it?)

_http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JALZLMXK (2.0.2)
_http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S2BYE73A (2.0.3)

I hope rfog will jakear this toy:
SalvaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2009, 04:50 AM   #6
rfog
Guru

Thanks, SalvaG .

I forgot anonym proxies, sigh!

My first task will be to find a way to be able to recover from bricking. Having linux and flash main storage system I'm quite sure it has a variant of RedBoot flash boot code and main boot flash system. Normally those boards have a pre-boot stored in a serial FPGA that loads arm code and then that code searches for a boot file in flash, and if that file exists, boot code flashes the entire system and if it does not exists it jumps to normal boot in flash. This way nobody will brick it anymore.

IMHO main problem here is to find what keyboard combination forces the entire system flash writting. AFAIK those serial FPGA are umbreakable and I haven't a JTAG for that system...

PS: I think I will got the fourth option: record bricking in 0 days after reception. :-P

PSS: ¡Quiero mi Kindle yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Last edited by rfog; 05-22-2009 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Adding text
Old 05-22-2009, 09:34 AM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvaG View Post
why do you want the source codes?
Hi, didn't you see rfog's poll ?
Nope.