Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 12:56 AM   #31
ChuckH
ChuckH began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Edit: I do have a reference in one of my books, which I published hoping to see the bug fixed in an iBooks update this spring (which didn't happen). Check out the List of Illustrations in this book: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the...14718023?mt=11

I don't have an example, but here's one of the issues: CSS3 allows for multi-column text, however, in iBooks, such columns are not split properly across pages. You would expect to see the first chunk displayed in multi-columns on the first page where the MC text begins, followed by the rest in proper column order across however many number of pages are required.

But iBooks flows the first column down from one page to the next, THEN, it goes back to the starting page and proceeds to flow the remainder down in the second column (across multiple pages mind you).

It's the stupid behaviors like this that really burn me.

Best,
Chuck

Last edited by ChuckH; 05-10-2013 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Updated info.
ChuckH is offline   Reply With Quote