Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
guspasho
Connoisseur
guspasho began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Updating metadata on the Kindle Touch

I updated the metadata on many of my books and then reuploaded them to the Kindle Touch. I wanted to clean up some things like additional authors and bylines in titles. I after I was done updating the authors and titles in Calibre I selected all the books and Send to Device. But after everything was reuploaded, the author and title information on the Touch remained the same. I tried turning the Touch off and on but it had no effect. What do I need to do? Thanks!
guspasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
guspasho
Connoisseur

I figured it out. Calibre created multiple copies of the books on the Touch. Both for books where only the title had been edited and where only the author had been edited. I deleted the old ones from the Touch using the device view in Calibre then restarted the Touch and that fixed it. Do the Calibre developers know of this bug?
Advert
Old 01-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Since calibre uses the title and author to match books on the device, changing them will cause duplicates. That's inevitable.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #4
guspasho
Connoisseur

Oh hi! Okay, so I also noticed that after I create the duplicates on the device and I look for the old ones in the device view - say to delete them - they still show up with "In Library" checked, along with the renamed ones. Since I renamed them in the Calibre library those particular authors/titles aren't in the library any longer.