Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 05:33 AM   #1
xstealx
xstealx began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Nook Simple Touch font issue.

Most books are fine but in some of my books when I change font face, only the first word in the chapter title and italic words changes, the rest is some default serif-font. I guess this must be some kind of markup problem that could be solved with a conversion. Any suggestions?

It happens with several but not all books (epub) that I downloaded from the library.

(Note that the Publisher Defaults is not checked or grayed out.)
xstealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:54 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
My suggestion is to explore this question in the epub forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
xstealx

Sorry if this ended up in the wrong forum, feel free to move this into ePub forum.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
If I understand you correctly this is a known issue (publisher settings set the fonts at a higher level of specificity than the userstyle sheet is overriding to set the fonts) - also by 'your books' you mean books that you are reading rather than books you are writing.

If so then this is fixed in the NookTablet, will be fixed soon in the NookColor and will most likely be fixed in a future ( after 1.1 ) update to the the Nook STR
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
xstealx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
If I understand you correctly this is a known issue (publisher settings set the fonts at a higher level of specificity than the userstyle sheet is overriding to set the fonts) - also by 'your books' you mean books that you are reading rather than books you are writing.

If so then this is fixed in the NookTablet, will be fixed soon in the NookColor and will most likely be fixed in a future ( after 1.1 ) update to the the Nook STR
Thank you Jim, you understood my question right. "My books" are books that I'm reading, not writing. I guess I'll just have to wait for another update then.
Advert

Tags
font epub, fonts, issue, nook simple touch