Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-29-2014, 04:50 PM   #646
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
The best bet for these issues is to contact Goodreads support. From time to time they have issues with their servers. The plugin has not been updated in a very long time, so clearly nothing in the code has introduced a problem. The issue therefore will lie at the Goodreads end... every single time this sort of issue has come up on this thread in the past it has come down to it being resolved several days later with nothing being changed in the plugin...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #647
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@neonatus - following on from kiwidudes post I installed this PI into a fresh Portable install - I then Authorised it using a moribund FB account, seems to be installed and working OK - see attachment for what I got when I did the authorise - BTW the url for that page was

Code:
https://www.goodreads.com/user/sign_in?mobile=false&remember=true
Suggest you try again, and if no luck then do as kiwidude suggests, contact Goodreads support - maybe your IP is blocked from this service for some reason.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	122318  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:09 AM   #648
neonatus
neonatus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
The best bet for these issues is to contact Goodreads support. From time to time they have issues with their servers. The plugin has not been updated in a very long time, so clearly nothing in the code has introduced a problem. The issue therefore will lie at the Goodreads end... every single time this sort of issue has come up on this thread in the past it has come down to it being resolved several days later with nothing being changed in the plugin...
Thanks for your help, today I tried again and voila, worked on first try!

neonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:32 PM   #649
iceolate
iceolate began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Is the plugin icon supposed to stay active when I have my device connected? I see the Goodreads icon when I start Calibre, but it goes away once I have my device connected. I'm not sure why, and I cannot figure out how to change that behavior.
iceolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:48 PM   #650
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceolate View Post
Is the plugin icon supposed to stay active when I have my device connected? I see the Goodreads icon when I start Calibre, but it goes away once I have my device connected. I'm not sure why, and I cannot figure out how to change that behavior.
There are different toolbars for when a device is connected versus when it is not., Go to Preferences -> Toolbar and customize each...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #651
samibecker
samibecker began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
Sorting in Sync

I'm not sure this is the best place to put this, but I was wondering if it would be possible to make the Sync from Goodreads window sortable. I have around 13 thousand books, and when I sync those to one of my shelves, I have to page down and visually find books with "No calibre book listed". It would be extremely helpful if I could either sort (by Status or Date Read, preferably, although the option to sort by any heading would certainly be useful) or if there were an option to see all the unlinked books from that particular shelf.

Please let me know if I should make this request somewhere else or if you need more information.

Thanks so much! This plugin is such a huge help.
samibecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:16 PM   #652
AlphaT
AlphaT began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Help - Date Read

Hi, this is a great plugin, but I must be doing something wrong.

I have a custom field set up for date read, but the plugin isn't picking it up. The drop down in the Syncronisable custom columns is empty and when I try to Add to shelf, it's not picking up the date.

Thanks.
AlphaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:34 AM   #653
edwdecarlo
Enthusiast
edwdecarlo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX,Nexus 10,Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaT View Post
Hi, this is a great plugin, but I must be doing something wrong.

I have a custom field set up for date read, but the plugin isn't picking it up. The drop down in the Syncronisable custom columns is empty and when I try to Add to shelf, it's not picking up the date.

Thanks.
I have done this in my calibre/Goodreads Sync set-up and it works fine. I have included screens shots of how I set-up my custom field and how I configured Goodreads Sync.

You should verify the following:

1) Your read date column must be defined as Date. The Date Read column selection will only pick up fields defined as Date, and I believe only custom fields.

2) Under Shelf Add Actions and Sync Actions, you need to indicated whether the read date should be uploaded/synced for a shelf. When these are set for the shelf, it will include the Date Read as a column during any syncing action to that shelf (Date Read value will default to current date but you can edit it before Syncing). It is done at the shelf level so you can set Date Read when syncing to your Read shelf, but not when syncing to your to-read, and/or other, shelves.

I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CustField.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	126148   Click image for larger version

Name:	GoodreadsSync.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	126149   Click image for larger version

Name:	EditShelf.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	126150  
edwdecarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:03 PM   #654
AlphaT
AlphaT began at the beginning.

Thanks edwdecarlo, that works but only if the field has a column type set to Date. I created a new custom field to test it.

I import the date read directly from my Kindle and use a custom field set up like the attached. Unfortunately this doesn't get picked up
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	14x1edg.png
Views:	223
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	126160  
AlphaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:35 AM   #655
edwdecarlo
Enthusiast
edwdecarlo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX,Nexus 10,Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaT View Post
Thanks edwdecarlo, that works but only if the field has a column type set to Date. I created a new custom field to test it.

I import the date read directly from my Kindle and use a custom field set up like the attached. Unfortunately this doesn't get picked up
Ahh, now I see the issue. The way you created your date_read column it is not an actual storage space, it is a calculated field, which only displays existing data in a different way. Think of it as a virtual column, or Display Only.

To interact with Goodreads Sync, the Column Type must be Date.
edwdecarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:51 PM   #656
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iphone
The Goodreads plugins are my favorite plugins within Calibre. There is one improvement I would so love to see that that is the ability to sort the sync screen. To be able to click on Status and have it sort by status, click on Author and have it sort by author etc. It would just make syncing so much easier for a huge library like mine.

Thanks
tarisea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:31 PM   #657
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta for calibre change to Qt5

FYI, I am not kiwidude and this isn't my plugin. But I'm trying to help out by porting some of the plugins while kiwidude is busy.

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins. This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta are in Beta testers for calibre 2.0 needed. The discussion of the transition for plugins can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.

I have done some basic testing of the plugin, but I very new to the plugin and have not explored all its functions. As far as I can see, it works in both versions of calibre. The most likely places for any problems to arise are in the various dialogs. These need to be tested as much as possible.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Goodreads Sync-qt5.zip (207.0 KB, 133 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:29 AM   #658
dgparryuk
Enthusiast
dgparryuk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
This is probably the plugin that was going to make me wait to upgrade to v2 the most
have installed the plug on on v1 and it looks good so far...

have uploaded a few books to my goodreads shelves and worked perfectly
am going to have a go at installing the beta
dgparryuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #659
dgparryuk
Enthusiast
dgparryuk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
it was just Goodreads

Last edited by dgparryuk; 08-07-2014 at 05:42 PM.
dgparryuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:44 AM   #660
macnab69
Zealot
macnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toys

Win7 64bit
calibre v2 64bit
Plugin v1.7.3
Goodreads -> Add to shelf gives
Code:
calibre, version 2.0.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'QDateTime' object has no attribute 'toDateTime'
My read date column is a custom Date column.
macnab69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads