Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
Singaporeslingki
Singaporeslingki began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Thumbs down Sony Library software and Vista

Just trying to install my wife's e-book software on a Vista (Personal edition) and find it errors when I try to run it. Have tried administration privs and compatibilty mode without sucess. Please help as my life will not be worth living if se cannot get her books downloaded

Thanks
Singaporeslingki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Errors? You need to be more specific. What are you doing when you get the errors? What is the error?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2009, 02:43 AM   #3
Singaporeslingki
Singaporeslingki began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Sorry about lack of info, was so frustrated with software -
The eBook Library software installed corectly with no installation errors or problems.
When I try and start the eBook Library program by clicking the program or program shortcut, the mackine comes up with error -
" Microsoft windows - Ebook Library has stopped working - A problem caused the program to stop working corectly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" The close program button is clicked and the program closed but no solution is available.

Have tried running in administratior mode with the same result.
Also tried running in compatibility mode but same result.

Greatfull for any assistance to identift "the problem"
Singaporeslingki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:19 AM   #4
djgreedo
Addict
djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, HP Touchpad (Android), Samsung Omnia 7
What version of the software are you running? I have successfully used version 2.5 on Windows 7 (which is essentially Vista under the hood). FWIW, unless you want to buy books from the Sony store, I'd recommend Callibre instead.

I doubt the problem is directly a result of Windows, especially not Vista as it is easily the most stable version to date.

The USB drivers for the PRS-700 crashed my PC when I first installed the software, but worked when I later tried again...

If you haven't already, I'd recommend removing all traces of the reader and software (including drivers for the device) and then try again.

Did you plug the device in and allow Windows to install the device drivers before trying to install the software? If not, try doing that.

And you could also try INSTALLING the software in Admin mode and/or XP compatibility mode. Doing that can resolve issues that arise due to the software creator not following Microsoft's Vista guidelines (e.g. the software trying to access folders or files that Vista protects but XP allowed access to).

Another generic thing you could try is to make sure Windows is totally updated with patches/updates. If the PC doesn't have SP1, then make sure you get that.
djgreedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, problem, sony, vista