Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #1
Leighton
Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
UK Only

The first book in the Chief Inspector Mario Silva series is now up on Amazon Kindle UK:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-Wicked...sr=8-3-catcorr

Praise for the Chief Inspector Mario Silva Series:

South America’s Kurt Wallander – Booklist
Top notch - New York Times
Masterful - Toronto Globe and Mail
Compelling - The Boston Globe
Fascinating, complex and riveting - Florida Sun Sentinel
Intelligent and subtle…suspenseful and sophisticated - Publisher’s Weekly
Blurring the distinction between literary fiction and crime fiction, this is a book that…needs to be read. --Sherbroke Herald. (Quebec, CA)

The price? Just £2.12.

Check out the other books in the series at: http://www.leightongage.com
Leighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:54 AM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Wink Pliz................

Smashwords for non-Kindlers ?

Sounds interesting............

We've got £2-12 as well..........................
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:09 AM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I, too, would like to see the books made available on Smashwords. Many of us neither own a Kindle nor like to shop at Amazon. I, for one, prefer to give my money to people other than Bezos and Jobs. I've never figured out why so many authors think the world begins and ends with Amazon.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
Leighton
Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Leighton can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

I cannot speak for other authors, but I certainly don't believe that the world begins and ends with Amazon.
Here's the problem:
Amazon is, as far as I know (and please correct me if I am wrong, because I would LOVE to be wrong) the only outlet for ebooks that allows me to pick and choose among something like 200 countries.
I actually have all of my books converted to Epub as well, but I have yet to find a place to make them available which wouldn't be an infringement of my contract with my US publisher.
But I feel your pain.
So tell you what, guys:
Send me an email through my web site with your return address.
And I'll send you an epub back as an attached file.
One book.
Free.
You pick the title you'd like.
"Every Bitter Thing" is the one the New York Times called "irresistible" back in December.
And if you were living in the 'States you'd have to pay $13.75 for it.
Far too much, I think.
Which is why I"m cutting much better deals for readers in those countries in which I can.
And, if anyone other than Amazon allows me to do that, I'd really like to know about it.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #5
Leighton

The Essential Silva

I’ve just put The Essential Silva up as a Kindle Book on Amazon.

It’s a compendium of the first three Chief Inspector Mario Silva novels.

In Blood of the Wicked, Silva and his team go to a small rural town to investigate the murder of a bishop - and suddenly find themselves involved in a war between wealthy landowners and the landless. It portrays the stark contrasts between Brazil’s “haves” and “have nots”.

In Buried Strangers, a clandestine cemetery is discovered in the rainforest outside of São Paulo. Many of the corpses are members of family groups, including children. But the mass murderer of these victims isn’t a twisted, homicidal maniac as the cops initially believe. The motive for his crimes is totally unexpected, completely contemporary – and completely appalling.

In Dying Gasp, a bomb explodes on a tram in Amsterdam and, shortly thereafter, eight thousand kilometers away, in Brazil, the granddaughter of a powerful politician is kidnapped. In this, the third book in Leighton Gage’s compelling series, the author weaves the two incidents together - and transports his readers to an Amazonian hell hole where Chief Inspector Mario Silva reencounters an old enemy.

Critical Praise for the Series
Top-notch…controversial and entirely absorbing. The Chief Inspector is irresistible – The New York Times
South America’s Kurt Wallander - Booklist
Masterful - Toronto Globe and Mail
Compelling - The Boston Globe
Fascinating, complex and riveting - Florida Sun Sentinel
Intelligent and subtle…suspenseful and sophisticated - Publisher’s Weekly
Highly recommended - Library Journal
Blurring the distinction between literary fiction and crime fiction, this is a book that…needs to be read - Sherbroke Herald (Quebec, CA)
Colorful characters and crackling banter - Kirkus Reviews
Gripping…intricately plotted – Suspense Magazine.

More good news: the price is less than 10% of what you would have paid if you'd bought all three of the hard covers at list.

And now the bad news: It's available in most countries in the world, but not the United States and Canada.

Here's the link if you're in the UK:

http://tinyurl.com/EssentialUK

In other places around the world, you'll have to search for it on Amazon by title. The URL differs depending upon where you live.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
I cannot speak for other authors, but I certainly don't believe that the world begins and ends with Amazon.
Here's the problem:
Amazon is, as far as I know (and please correct me if I am wrong, because I would LOVE to be wrong) the only outlet for ebooks that allows me to pick and choose among something like 200 countries.
I actually have all of my books converted to Epub as well, but I have yet to find a place to make them available which wouldn't be an infringement of my contract with my US publisher.
But I feel your pain.
So tell you what, guys:
Send me an email through my web site with your return address.
And I'll send you an epub back as an attached file.
One book.
Free.
You pick the title you'd like.
"Every Bitter Thing" is the one the New York Times called "irresistible" back in December.
And if you were living in the 'States you'd have to pay $13.75 for it.
Far too much, I think.
Which is why I"m cutting much better deals for readers in those countries in which I can.
And, if anyone other than Amazon allows me to do that, I'd really like to know about it.
Now that looks like an author actually doing something for readers rather than blethering on about what a cruel world it is and how rubbish readers are.

All power to you!
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #7
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
Well I downloaded the sample and then decided to buy the book as it's a very fair price. Many thanks to you.
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brazil, leighton gage, police procedurals