Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Lots of free ebooks from Baen available.

I'm going to be buying lots of webscriptions next week. From May 2009 through to March 2010. That's eleven months of webscriptions.

And for every month I buy, I can give a gift copy of the ebooks for that month to someone who is new to webscriptions.

"What are webscriptions?" I hear the new readers cry. Well, they're a bundle of ebooks from Baen Books. Baen produce six to seven books per months. (Usually a couple of hardbacks, a couple of trade paperbacks, and two to three mass market paperback.) The books are also made available as a bundle of ebooks for $15. Yes, really - four newly released books and two or three backlist books for just $15.

The ebooks come in multiple formats, and with no DRM to cause any problems. They work well with Kindles, Sonys, BeBook, CyBook, Pocket Pro - pretty much any reader can read one of the formats. And if you have a weird ebook reader where you need to do the conversion yourself, they also come in RTF and HTML.

So - how can you get one of the gift bundles? Simple. Just send me a private message with your email address, and tell me which month you'd like. If you don't care which month you get, you'll get one at random.

You can see which books are/will be available by going to http://www.webscription.net/c-3-webscriptions.aspx and looking at the 2009 and 2010 webscriptions. All the released books have sample chapters up, so you can even browse to see what catches your fancy.

BUT, do not register your email at the site until you've received your gift webscription - I can only send gift months to people who haven't already registered at webscription.net.

If I get more than eleven takers, it'll be on a first-come, first-served, but I'll try to pass on email addresses in a chain as I did last time I offered gift webscriptions. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42638

SO - if you'd like some free SF/Fantasy ebooks from Baen, send me a private message with your email address, and tell me which month you'd like.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

January, February and March 2010 gone. May through December 2009 (inclusive) still available. Get in quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
From May 2009 through to March 2010.
Advert
Old 10-05-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
pdurrant ... I have two of the Webscription months in my shopping cart right now. How can I give gifts to non-members?
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
pdurrant ... I have two of the Webscription months in my shopping cart right now. How can I give gifts to non-members?
You're given the option on the last page of checkout. If you want to give both you have to checkout each one as a separate transaction and they can't be paid for with PayPal.

It's discussed some in this thread...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44403
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:32 PM   #5
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
January, February and March 2010 gone. May through December 2009 (inclusive) still available. Get in quick!
LOL, man did this post scare me. I live in fear that Webscriptions/Baen will discontinue operations and I read your above post completely out of context. I thought you meant that Webscriptions had discontinued offering 2010. My heart is still pounding. LOL Whew!

Great offer, thanks on behalf of all those recipients that forget to thank you.

comes early!
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2009, 03:39 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

A very good response so far. Only two months left (any two of May, June, July, September and December, as three people haven't expressed a preference).

Quote:
Old 10-06-2009, 04:39 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

And now all taken. If there are any more takers, I can pass email addresses onto gift recipients, and they can /also/ send out a gift month when redeeming their gift. But I won't pass on any email addresses unless you give explicit permission.

Last time I did this, for the April 2009 webscription, I think we managed a chain of about four gift webscriptions from the one purchase. Hopefully hooking four new people on the amazingly good value SF/F books at webscription.net

Quote:
A very good response so far. Only two months left (any two of May, June, July, September and December, as three people haven't expressed a preference).
Old 10-06-2009, 06:44 AM   #8
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Thank you very much
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thank you!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:24 AM   #10
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Edit: Offer now taken.

Just received the free month from Paul and in turn have a gift certificate to offer to anyone who missed out. It's for the June 2009 webscription. First person to pm me their email address will get the gift.

Please let me know if you'd like me to pass your email address onto whoever gets the gift. I'll pass the list on in the order I receive PMs, no guarantee how far the chain may go though

Last edited by JoeD; 10-12-2009 at 07:32 AM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:04 AM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Now all bought, and gift webscriptions sent out to the eleven quickest off the mark.

Some of you receiving gift webscriptions I've also sent another email address to - when you redeem your gift, do please pass on a gift to that email address.

Heh, heh, heh..... another eleven or more hooked on Baen Books....

"When the shades of night are falling,
Comes a fellow ev'ryone knows,
It's the old book peddler,
Spreading joy wherever he goes.
Ev'ry evening you will find him,
Around our neighborhood.
It's the old book peddler
Doing well by doing good.

He gives the kids free samples,
Because he knows full well
That today's young innocent faces
Will be tomorrow's clientele.
Here's a cure for all your troubles,
Here's an end to all distress.
It's the old book peddler
With his printed ha-happiness."

(With apologies to Tom Lehrer)

Quote:
I'm going to be buying lots of webscriptions next week.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:31 AM   #12
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Offer has been taken.

edit: updated my original post, can't see an option to delete this one?
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #13
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Email received books collected and new offer forwarded on.

Thanks all
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #14
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Thank you so much, Paul! Downloaded mine today and sent it on as requested to the next person. I have enough Baen Books now that I will need to make a new tag in Calibre for them
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:34 PM   #15
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Received my email today - thanks! Will be downloading later and sending on as requested

Edited to add: have done so

Last edited by ShortNCuddlyAm; 10-12-2009 at 03:45 PM.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote