Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #33316
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
try peanut butter
Absolutely! My stupid hoomin used all kind of tricks with me that never worked. Then he started crushing them up and mixing them peanut butter and I just don't care any more. PEANUT BUTTER!!!!!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #33317
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I was just going through some pictures I took during my trip to London in 2010 and came across one of a a solicitor near our hotel. It isn't the best name for a solicitor!
I won't swear to it, but I'm SURE my last divorce lawyer worked for
"Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe!"

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #33318
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
That makes me remember the book store. Is it real???

SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #33319
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I won't swear to it, but I'm SURE my last divorce lawyer worked for
"Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe!"

Stitchawl
you been listenin' to too much NPR!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #33320
marino.DV
Groupie
marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
listening to Rammstein;
O yeah baby !
marino.DV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #33321
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

recovering from a sneeze! (man that hurts!) And......

wait for it.....

Happy Birthday Mr M who is 10 years old today!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #33322
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
recovering from a sneeze! (man that hurts!) And......

wait for it.....

Happy Birthday Mr M who is 10 years old today!
Happy Birthday Mr. M!! Stella sends hugs & kisses! And kibble!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #33323
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Kitty party at Mr M's place. All kittys invited. Roo meat cake yum!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #33324
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Working on setting up my mother's laptop as a makeshift wireless router. Our existing wireless router just died about an hour ago.

BTW, could anyone recommend a reasonably good yet inexpensive 802.11N router?

Last edited by Dylrob; 03-04-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #33325
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Just finished giving my bicycle the once over. In two weeks time my sister and I are going holiday and plan to bring our bikes with us. I changed the batteries in the lights of both bikes, fastened the coat guard of my bike with a tie-rap and put a LED front light on my sister's bike.

It's been a DIY weekend for me. Last night I put new washers in my tap. I've been asking my father for years to do so but he never did so I used YouTube to show me how to do it myself. I think my father was a bit miffed that I managed to do it myself (he checked my work when I was done) LOL.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #33326
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Wondering why any TV show or written article with the word truth in the title is NOT THE TRUTH!
Old 03-05-2012, 04:20 AM   #33327
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just made an appointment for tomorrow to have root canal treatment. One of the molars that was refilled in December has sensitive and at times painful. I went by the dentist last week and he advised me to wait because it might just be irritated instead of infected. If it wouldn't go away or when if I had to take painkillers I had to make an appointment for a root canal. Since my visit it has been quite painful and I'm tired of having to think what I can and can't eat (cold things are a big no no) and on which side to chew.

Interestingly this time they are going to do it in two appointments, the other one was done in one sitting. First one tomorrow and then another appointment several weeks later to finish it. Hopefully when I go on holiday in two weeks time I won't have any pain.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:23 AM   #33328
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Just made an appointment for tomorrow to have root canal treatment. ......
Interestingly this time they are going to do it in two appointments, the other one was done in one sitting. First one tomorrow and then another appointment several weeks later to finish it. Hopefully when I go on holiday in two weeks time I won't have any pain.
I just completed one myself. But it took three visits as it was precipitated by a broken back molar. I went in once for an emergency filling to support the tooth, then an appointment to drill out half my jaw (or so it felt) and cover with what looked and felt like the back end of a .45 cal shell casing, then the final visit to fit the crown over it all. For the drilling, the dentist gave me so much anesthetic that my face was numb for 12 hours. I don't mind. The drilling was absolutely painless! And the fitment of the crown simply perfect. This was a new dentist for me, and I'll go back to him again if I need work done!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #33329
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I just completed one myself. But it took three visits as it was precipitated by a broken back molar. I went in once for an emergency filling to support the tooth, then an appointment to drill out half my jaw (or so it felt) and cover with what looked and felt like the back end of a .45 cal shell casing, then the final visit to fit the crown over it all. For the drilling, the dentist gave me so much anesthetic that my face was numb for 12 hours. I don't mind. The drilling was absolutely painless! And the fitment of the crown simply perfect. This was a new dentist for me, and I'll go back to him again if I need work done!

Stitchawl
My two hopes are that the pain will go away after tomorrow, it's radiating to my jaw and ear at the moment, and that this new dentist (my previous one opened his own practice too far away for me to stay with him) is also very liberal with the anaesthetic.

I'm already shuddering at what it will cost me and I'm almost glad I chose to get my money back instead of waiting another five weeks for the tablet I ordered. Those €600 will go to(wards) the root canal. I also don't know if I'll be getting a crown or if it will be filled, as was done with my other root canal. I'm just glad he could fit me in tomorrow otherwise I have to wait after my holiday and that wouldn't have been a fun 3+ weeks!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #33330
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Having a very loud & vigorous game of "ping pong ball in the paper grocery sack" with Stella kitten.

Re: root canal - the pain stops instantly & completely - once all the drilling is done - it's like a miracle!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?