Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #121
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
AWKCC 1.6 was released.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #122
Tushin
Tushin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
I wish this program can load mutiple folders or files( CBR,CBZ,PDF....) at once, and one file/folder will be known as a chapter
Well, in Ubuntu 13.04, multi-selecting is too hard, you must hold shift and click one-by-one
Tushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #123
Sorenant
Sorenant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Downloaded AWKCC 1.6.
At first it failed to create .epub but after some experimentation it run smoothly. It seems you forgot (or maybe it's intentional) to put the following files on the .zip: _ctypes.pyd, _hashlib.pyd, _imagin.pyd, _socket.pyd and _ssl.pyd.

By the way, what do you mean by "Improved handling of UTF-8 characters"? Running 1.5 on folders with japanese names it used to create .mobi with 'broken' metadata(文字化け) so I thought it would now create proper metadata but it seems like it just rejects folders with non-latin characters. Is it right?

Edit: I almost forgot to report that I was able to remove src header from the 'problematic' .mobi with standard usage of kindlestrip.py through cmd.

Last edited by Sorenant; 04-27-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Sorenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #124
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorenant View Post
Downloaded AWKCC 1.6.
At first it failed to create .epub but after some experimentation it run smoothly. It seems you forgot (or maybe it's intentional) to put the following files on the .zip: _ctypes.pyd, _hashlib.pyd, _imagin.pyd, _socket.pyd and _ssl.pyd.

By the way, what do you mean by "Improved handling of UTF-8 characters"? Running 1.5 on folders with japanese names it used to create .mobi with 'broken' metadata(文字化け) so I thought it would now create proper metadata but it seems like it just rejects folders with non-latin characters. Is it right?
That files are in ZIP file :-P

Yes. It is only cleaning file and directory names. Dirty workaround for Windows Python 2.x UTF-8 support. It will be fixed properly when KCC will be rewriten to Python 3.x.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #125
Sorenant
Sorenant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
That files are in ZIP file :-P
Strange, when I first uncompressed it with 7zip it wasn't in there but now I've checked it and it's indeed in there. My bad, sorry.

Quote:
Yes. It is only cleaning file and directory names. Dirty workaround for Windows Python 2.x UTF-8 support. It will be fixed properly when KCC will be rewriten to Python 3.x.
It's totally offtopic but what do you think about Python 3.x compared to 2.x?
I had some basic classes about Python 2.x on the college but I'm not sure I should keep my studies on it or swap to 3.x.
Sorenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #126
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorenant View Post
It's totally offtopic but what do you think about Python 3.x compared to 2.x?
I had some basic classes about Python 2.x on the college but I'm not sure I should keep my studies on it or swap to 3.x.
That is question for ciromattia. KCC is first Python code I ever modified
Old 04-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #127
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:

Kindle Non-Touch don't have landscape mode.

I will add option to add landscape-like panels for horizontal comics in next KCC release.
But that will help only when entire comic use horizontal images.
Well, it seems that we'll have to wait for version 1.7 to get that feature

Anyway, thank you very much for all what both of you (AcidWeb and ciromattia) have made so far.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:03 AM   #128
Jwing
Enthusiast
Jwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
AWKCC 1.6 was released.
Tks, AcidWeb. Working great as always.
Jwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #129
eumie
Enthusiast
eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 4, Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kindle Oasis 2
I really love the work you guys have done on this. I've converted a lot of things for my Kindle Touch. I know this was created mainly for e-ink readers, but I was wondering how possible it would be to support the Fire HDs. Like as far as screen resolution and not converting color images to black & white is concerned. Though it works, Amazon's version is extremely painful to use to convert comics for personal use.
eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #130
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Hmm. It should not be big problem. I don't have access to Kindle Fire but I will try.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #131
eumie
Enthusiast
eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hmm. It should not be big problem. I don't have access to Kindle Fire but I will try.
Thank you very much!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #132
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by eumie View Post
Thank you very much!
http://pawelj.vulturis.eu/Shared/Ubunchu!-KFHD8.mobi
Check how it looks. It should support Panel View and only portrait mode.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #133
eumie
Enthusiast

Quote:
http://pawelj.vulturis.eu/Shared/Ubunchu!-KFHD8.mobi
Check how it looks. It should support Panel View and only portrait mode.
It looks great - the color and b&w images are clear and sharp, and the panel view works fine.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #134
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by eumie View Post
It looks great - the color and b&w images are clear and sharp, and the panel view works fine.
Great. Expect Kindle Fire support in next release.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #135
eumie
Enthusiast

Quote:
Great. Expect Kindle Fire support in next release.
Wonderful. I really appreciate it.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools