Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 04-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #886
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
Did you check setting URL rewriting ($config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = "1" with a normal browser (Firefox, Chrome, ...) ?

Are you able to download any epub file ?
No, if set to "1" it is also not possible to download with a normal browser. Tested with Firefox and Chrome.

Code:
Not Found
The requested URL /i-data/58b8342e/COPS/fetch.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8o PHP/5.4.12 mod_wsgi/2.4 Python/2.6.2 Server at 192.168.2.4 Port 80

Any other suggestions I could try?
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:05 AM   #887
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
I'd suggest asking for specific help from your Nas community (ZyXEL NSA325v2). You'll need a rewrite mod.

I'm not an apache expert far from it sorry.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2014, 10:22 AM   #888
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. All ask the ZyXEL NAS community.

Edit: I googled on apache an rewrite issues and found this Apache Module mod_rewrite. There are a lot of variables…

Do you have any idea which type of "variables" Calibre COPS uses? If you do I would like to know as it helps me to ask a more precise and question.

Last edited by Anak; 04-24-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:55 AM   #889
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

mod_rewrite is the mode I was talking about. I've copy pasted the part about url rewriting of the .htaccess supplied by COPS :

Code:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^download/(\d*)/(\d*)/.*\.kepub\.epub$ fetch.php?data=$1&db=$2&type=epub [L]
RewriteRule ^download/(\d*)/(\d*)/.*\.(.*)$ fetch.php?data=$1&db=$2&type=$3 [L]
RewriteRule ^download/(\d*)/.*\.kepub\.epub$ fetch.php?data=$1&type=epub [L]
RewriteRule ^download/(\d*)/.*\.(.*)$ fetch.php?data=$1&type=$2 [L]
</IfModule>
Hope that helps.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:56 AM   #890
tombo
tombo began at the beginning.

Change kepubs only

Hello Vlad,
the kepub issue is in my opinion not completely solved. If you only want to rename a kepub to kepub.epub and leave normal epubs as they are, you need an extra statement in config_local.php.

I am not an expert in this but te statement could look something like this:
* Rename .kepub to .kepub.epub if downloaded from a Kobo eReader
* The ebook will then be recognized a Kepub so with chaptered paging, stat$
* You have to enable URL rewriting if you want to enable kepup.epub downlo$
* 1 : Yes (enable)
* 0 : No
*/
$config['cops_provide_kepub.epub'] = "1";

Is it possible that you can solve this?

By the way, I am using a readynas Duo and could only download epubs on my Glo when I changed in .htaccess the RewriteRule(s) with the complete path to fetch.php:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^download/(\d*)/(\d*)/.*\.kepub\.epub$ /webroot/cops/fetch.php?data=&db=&type=epub [L]
RewriteRule ^download/(\d*)/(\d*)/.*\.(.*)$ /webroot/cops/fetch.php?data=&db=&type= [L]
RewriteRule ^download/(\d*)/.*\.kepub\.epub$ /webroot/cops/fetch.php?data=&type=epub [L]
RewriteRule ^download/(\d*)/.*\.(.*)$ /webroot/cops/fetch.php?data=&type= [L]
</IfModule>

Further my compliments for all the good work!
tombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2014, 05:36 AM   #891
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Hi Vlad,

Quote:
I'll update the Synology package next week.
Small prod . Keep up the good work; COPS does exactly what I want and does it well.

Well, it starts, anyway :-). I just upgraded my DS213j to DSM5, and after enabling 'mssql' in the Web Services config it does start, but downloading files or covers fails. Covers fail silently ('Image could not be downloaded') and ebook downloads fail with 'Firefox can't find the file <blah>', where '<blah>' is something like 'https://linuxgoeroe.dhs.org/COPS/download/263632/0/Riding+Freedom+-+Pam+Munoz+Ryan.epub'.

Reading the thread, I guesss that's the borked X-SendFile? Anything I can/need to do to fix it?

Last edited by mbovenka; 05-01-2014 at 07:45 AM. Reason: OK, DSM5 + COPS is not a happy couple...
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:32 AM   #892
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Does COPS only fail when you use your Kobo?

Does it work if you use a browser preferably Firefox (from an OS like Windows/OSX/Linux)?

If it does not:
- did you enable open_basedir? (Control Panel -> Web Services -> PHP Settings -> open_basedir) and added the location of you ebook library (.......:/volume1/cops-ebook-dir)?

- did you make the location where you keep your ebooks readable for COPS?
(SSH into your sinology -> cd /volume1/cops-ebook-dir -> (check) -> cd .. -> chmod -R 755 cops-ebook-dir

This worked for me.

Last edited by mariosipad; 05-02-2014 at 08:42 AM.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:02 AM   #893
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
Does COPS only fail when you use your Kobo?

Does it work if you use a browser preferably Firefox (from an OS like Windows/OSX/Linux)?

If it does not:
- did you enable open_basedir? (Control Panel -> Web Services -> PHP Settings -> open_basedir) and added the location of you ebook library (.......:/volume1/cops-ebook-dir)?

- did you make the location where you keep your ebooks readable for COPS?
(SSH into your sinology -> cd /volume1/cops-ebook-dir -> (check) -> cd .. -> chmod -R 755 cops-ebook-dir

This worked for me.
I'm not sure this is meant for me, but if it is, I am using Firefox on Win8.1. I didn't change anything in the COPS setup when I upgraded, and it worked fine with DSM4.3. To get it to work at all with DSM5 I had to enable the 'mssql' support in Web Services to get COPS to start, as per the FAQ. But downloading books fails.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #894
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@mbovenka

Well, Firefox should be Firefox, OS-es shouldn't matter (I'm on OSX, not Windows).

It works for me.

I have not enabled X-sendfile : $config['cops_x_accel_redirect'] = "";
I have not enabled url_rewriting : $config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = "0";

I have enabled cops_full_url : $config['cops_full_url'] = 'http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/cops10/';

All else is stock. I do not use .htaccess.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #895
mbovenka
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
I have not enabled X-sendfile : $config['cops_x_accel_redirect'] = "";
I have not enabled url_rewriting : $config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = "0";

I have enabled cops_full_url : $config['cops_full_url'] = 'http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/cops10/';

All else is stock. I do not use .htaccess.
Thanks! Disabling X-SendFile did the trick. It works now both with Firefox and my Kobo. URL rewriting seems to work for me, even if Vlad has his doubts about it on DSM5.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:58 AM   #896
vlad59
Addict

@tombo

About the kepub, If I understood you correctly you'd like to rename kepub to kepub.epub and keep epub as is. Am I right ?

About your URL rewrite problem obviously I can not integrate your modifications as is so could try to use the default COPS .htaccess with a slight modification :
remove all the "^" before "download" and please report if it works ok for you.

Thanks in advance.

@mbovenka

For the record , I did the Pull Request for the new Synology package in due time (https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/pull/926). The various discussion about the special fix to apply for DSM5 took some time.

If you or any other would be kind enough to test the beta package with DSM5, the URL is on the bottom of the pull request link above.

Disclaimer : I never tested it myself so please make sure to properly backup before installing it and remember to only install COPS from this link.

Judging from the modifications made it seem safe but who knows !

@mariosipad

As usual, thanks a lot for helping out.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #897
mbovenka
Wizard

Quote:
@mbovenka

For the record , I did the Pull Request for the new Synology package in due time (https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/pull/926). The various discussion about the special fix to apply for DSM5 took some time.

If you or any other would be kind enough to test the beta package with DSM5, the URL is on the bottom of the pull request link above.

Disclaimer : I never tested it myself so please make sure to properly backup before installing it and remember to only install COPS from this link.

I have 'Show beta versions' enabled in Package Center, but I don't get an update message. Simply putting 'http://packages.synocommunity.com/?beta=1' in Package Sources doesn't help either...
Old 05-09-2014, 09:45 AM   #898
vlad59
Addict

I build the spk this afternoon.

For english explanation and download see here : https://github.com/seblucas/cops/releases/tag/1.0.0RC1

For french explanation and download see there : http://blog.slucas.fr/blog/cops-spk-dsm5-beta-1

Please know that this spk is not completely tested so please report both success and failure.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #899
Grishka
Grishka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello there.

I'm on the 1.O.ORC1 since a few weeks, and it's rolling perfectly ! I'm on a Synology DS213, but I've realized a manual installation, deleting the syno package completly. I love the new online reader ^^
I've not trying all this from the Paperwhite yet.
Grishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #900
tombo
tombo began at the beginning.

Quote:
@tombo

About the kepub, If I understood you correctly you'd like to rename kepub to kepub.epub and keep epub as is. Am I right ?

About your URL rewrite problem obviously I can not integrate your modifications as is so could try to use the default COPS .htaccess with a slight modification :
remove all the "^" before "download" and please report if it works ok for you.

Thanks in advance.

@mbovenka

@mariosipad

As usual, thanks a lot for helping out.
Hello Vlad,
Sorry for the late response.
Yes for the kepub issue you understood me correct. The case is that when all normal epubs are changed to kepubs several weird things happen with them, for instance searching in text is not working. It looks like a kepub, but it is not.
The best you can do in my opinion is to exactly as you can see in the listing; is a kepub (converted by calibre) available then only for this filetype add the .epub extension (for Kobo devices only) and leave the normal epubs as they are.

For the .htaccess file your suggestion did not work. I got the remark :
The requested URL /c/webroot/cops/fetch.php was not found on this server.

On my Netgear ReadyNas Duo I had to change something to get the .htaccess working. Before that I only could use Cops when it was deleted. Unfortunately without the downloading part.

Regards
Tom
tombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology