Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #31
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Good point about the margin trimming. That is needed. I use that feature on a regular basis.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #32
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
The iRex seems to override most of the margins in the document. It's kinda hard to describe, but it isn't quite margin trimming, but at the same time, it is... depends on how the book was formatted.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #33
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Straven View Post
I take sticky-pad type notes, not law-school type notes, and I need to be able to refer to them when walking around, not at my desk. Maybe a 3rd party developer might write an "app for that" for more serious note-taking.
Xornal may be what you are looking for, see Xournal on the DR-800 - will it work? This isn't working on the actual device yet, but looks like it will soon.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #34
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
Does this mean the ability to add notes to an existing document or is this a separate application that opens a blank page for notes? Big difference since the former means possible annotation/notes support for PDfs, ePubs, Images, HTML, etc and each separate viewer possibly needs to be updated with this ability.
They list both. The "note taking application" is probably a seperate app for notes. Later in the list they say "scribbles" for PDFs, which means annotation on existing PDF documents.

Quote:
As for viewing the notes on the PC, IREX's companion software did something like merging the document and annotations into a new PDF file. Well, as long as the notes are in a separate single file sitting alongside the document, so it can be backed up or moved with the document, then I'm fine with the way it is, at least, initially.
I assume this is something they will address later. I think the companion software takes care of this for the DR1000. Since the DR800 doesn't come with companion software (although I haven't tried using the existing version with a DR800), they would need to put together a separate PC app to import/convert notes... or else make the companion software compatible with the DR800 (assuming it isn't already).
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:54 PM   #35
DeReader
Connoisseur
DeReader doesn't litterDeReader doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1, iRex DR1000S, Kindle DXG, Jetbook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileTechReview View Post
OK, here are the list of new features, and they ARE cool!

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbt...p?Number=36148
Wow, good news, thank you for getting this info from Irex!

I really like my DR800S, reading every day on it. But the zooming issue really bugged me, because I was used to it from the Iliad.

Annotations are also a nice add on and puts that Wacom screen in real use.
DeReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #36
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Xornal may be what you are looking for, see Xournal on the DR-800 - will it work? This isn't working on the actual device yet, but looks like it will soon.
You beat me to it.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #37
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I got it up on an actual device. There are a couple bugs though, as I describe in the thread (at least based on the V5 code).
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #38
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileTechReview View Post
OK, here are the list of new features, and they ARE cool!

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbt...p?Number=36148
IREX will make an old many very happy - and also feeling entirely justified in shelling out 500 euros - when these are released.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote