Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
kenjennings
Edge User

Thumbs up SFTP (client)

(Thanks to Jeff Hill for pointing this one out)

AndFTP does FTP and SFTP

http://lysesoft.com/products/andftp/index.html#features

Works acceptably. Does not currently support the edge full screen.
The program crashed when trying to download from an nfs mounted volume on a linux system. I've never had a problem like that before with NFS.

Last edited by kenjennings; 04-08-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #2
henry_moh
Edge User

The problem is, which local directory should I set to download files? I still cannot figure out the file system structure of eDGe, and the Linux commands that eDGe supported are so limited, and I don't know how to access root. Which directory is the internal storage?

Old 04-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
devseev
Edge User

I believe better terminal emulator pro has sftp (ssh -s) and it runs full screen

Old 04-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
kenjennings
Edge User

Thanks, I 'll look at that.

The version of Better Terminal Emulator I have installed doesn't allow -s option for ssh. It also doesn't do full screen. Finding a newer version is on my (rather long) short list of things to do.

Last edited by kenjennings; 04-12-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_moh@hotmail.com View Post
The problem is, which local directory should I set to download files? I still cannot figure out the file system structure of eDGe, and the Linux commands that eDGe supported are so limited, and I don't know how to access root. Which directory is the internal storage?
/sdcard is the internal storage.

/extsdcard is the external SDcard.

Flash mem plugged into the USB ports will show up at
/usb0
or
/usb1

If you've noticed, there is also a /intstorage. It is and isn't internal storage. It contains the image file that is mounted at /sdcard as the internal storage.

So, where the Android menus describe "Internal Storage" it means /sdcard and
where they refer to "SDCard" it means /extsdcard.

Also, I found busybox on the system. I don't know if Android or something else I installed provided it (Better Terminal Emulator, perhaps?) Busybox provides many of the usual commands we expect in linux. So, one way or another, installing BTE gives you access to busybox, so you can root around more effectively. (That was rather pun-ish ;-)

Last edited by kenjennings; 04-12-2010 at 01:49 PM.